Hope I don't jinx it, BUT...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Alvarado is going to play Henderson in the State 3A Division 1 semifinals this weekend. The winner of that game will either play West Columbia or Tyler Chapel Hill for the State Championship. Game is in Corsicana. This is American Football, for those of you not familiar.

Wish us luck. We have had a great year. No super stars, just a LOT of heart.

Go Indians!

Here's wishing your team all the luck in the world young lady. :nod:

Lammie both those schools should be 4-A but were dropped down more as a money saving move than anything. They have twice the number of kids in school as Alvarado.

Lammie":1h6ivuyk said:
This is American Football, for those of you not familiar.

This is Texas High School football, a unique subset of American football. Not to be confused with the "metric football" practiced in some parts. :banana:

TB, I keep thinking that Alvarado will go to 4A the next time they redo the districts. That won't happen until next year, though. The school where I work is half the size and we are 3A. We get killed. Didn't win a game all season.

John, in Texas, high school football is everything. Kinda like basketball in in your neck of the woods.

Curtis. thanks, sweetie! If you keep calling me nice names, I won't know what to think!! :D

TexasBred":11me2ba8 said:
Lammie both those schools should be 4-A but were dropped down more as a money saving move than anything. They have twice the number of kids in school as Alvarado.

Same thing happened here when my middle son was a Senior. He and his teammates played a team for the state championship in 3A and got beat pretty good. Our school enrollment was just over 400. The other team Pallisade HS was over 1100 enrollment. Seems that they had some pretty good friends at CHSSA that wanted them to be 3 time State Champs. They were moved up the following year. Funny Huh?

I have a feeling that if we do well this year, we will get moved up next year. Kennadale is a big 3A school, as well.

... But we BEAT 'em!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is the first time we've gone this far in the school's history.

john250":2a8zktwf said:
Lammie":2a8zktwf said:
It is the first time we've gone this far in the school's history.

We still talkin' football?

What did you think I was talking about? I know it is basketball season and all, but it will have to wait until we take care of this little matter...

Latest posts