Illini Top Cut Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

DFF

Reaction score
Anyone at the sale today? How was overall sale? We got a couple breds bought, just wondering how others sold. Thanks for any info.
DFF

Yes I was there. I seen you got lot 46 and I thought you bid on another but cant remember. I liked 46 but she couldn't compete with that Neon heifer that sold. I think you done ok. Sale went very well I thought.JHH

That Neon went for 8200.00 and I think a cow bred to Neon brought 2750.00 and that Hudson cow brought 10,000.00 and she was bred to a Moler Manhood bull which I dont know any thing about. The big money lot was the bull that went for 55,000.00 I cant remember who got him but I am sure it was a syndicate.JHH

I was there as well. We looked at some of the bred heifers, but decided against it, maybe next year. I thought quality was better than last year, and I think it was a smart move for them to have professional pictures and do the liveauctions.tv thing. That Neon heifer was really nice. We were wondering how the prices were going to be with all some of the dispersal sales, but I guess good cattle will sell regardless. It was fun and the food was great.

JHH":2fym0r4s said:
Yes I was there. I seen you got lot 46 and I thought you bid on another but cant remember. I liked 46 but she couldn't compete with that Neon heifer that sold. I think you done ok. Sale went very well I thought.JHH

Yes Lots 44(Marshall Daughter) and 46 we were on phone with Papa Jack on a couple others the lot 38 pedigree and performance wise was a choice from the book, my "eyes" at the sale said she was really pulled down from her calf, but we didnt get her I may have wnt further if I could of seen her from seats oh well. Breds seemed to
be 500-750 dollars under previous sales we bought at.
Thanks DFF

JHH":1fmqqui5 said:
That Neon went for 8200.00 and I think a cow bred to Neon brought 2750.00 and that Hudson cow brought 10,000.00 and she was bred to a Moler Manhood bull which I dont know any thing about. The big money lot was the bull that went for 55,000.00 I cant remember who got him but I am sure it was a syndicate.JHH

What is your opinion of the "Back N Time" bull? the photos I've seen, he looks good, again several "eyes" I have visited with have a lot of positives to say about him.

CPL":7q8740kh said:
I was there as well. We looked at some of the bred heifers, but decided against it, maybe next year. I thought quality was better than last year, and I think it was a smart move for them to have professional pictures and do the liveauctions.tv thing. That Neon heifer was really nice. We were wondering how the prices were going to be with all some of the dispersal sales, but I guess good cattle will sell regardless. It was fun and the food was great.
We have purchased several Breds from this event, have been pleased with everyone so far, some interesting pedigrees/matings. Yes have known the Lowderman's for a long time, Great Folks to do business with!!

DFF":3nnomfsv said:
JHH":3nnomfsv said:

What is your opinion of the "Back N Time" bull? the photos I've seen, he looks good, again several "eyes" I have visited with have a lot of positives to say about him.

Was that the Name of that high dollar bull? He was very good bull. Lots of width and strong top.

There was another bull there that I really liked but he didnt bring alot. May have had something to do with the white testical? He would do alot of good for most herds but I wasnt prepared to buy a bull.

We bought lot 48. I didnt like her but it was my daughters birthday so she wanted her. She is paying for most of her but Dad had to help out a little :)

JHH":4ozcpju6 said:
DFF":4ozcpju6 said:
JHH":4ozcpju6 said:

Was that the Name of that high dollar bull? He was very good bull. Lots of width and strong top.

There was another bull there that I really liked but he didnt bring alot. May have had something to do with the white testical? He would do alot of good for most herds but I wasnt prepared to buy a bull.

We bought lot 48. I didnt like her but it was my daughters birthday so she wanted her. She is paying for most of her but Dad had to help out a little :)
Hey thats what Dad's are for!! That was probally the Moler son I'm guessing.

DFF":2zgzp6bv said:
CPL":2zgzp6bv said:
We have purchased several Breds from this event, have been pleased with everyone so far, some interesting pedigrees/matings. Yes have known the Lowderman's for a long time, Great Folks to do business with!!

You're right the Lowdermans are a really good family. They rented my grandpa's pasture for a while after he sold his angus herd, and my mother was around Monte's age. My cow was also in the Top Cut sale a couple years ago, so I have alot of respect for that sale. I think the back n time bull has the potential for impacting this area in a big way. It'll be interesting to see how he develops over the next year.

I looked through the catalog today again, and there were some interesting genetic blends for sure. I really liked the Hudson cow, and I am partial to her sire to begin with, having owned two of his grandsons.

greenwillowhereford II":24j9tfna said:
I looked through the catalog today again, and there were some interesting genetic blends for sure. I really liked the Hudson cow, and I am partial to her sire to begin with, having owned two of his grandsons.

She looked good and sold extremely well.That Back in time bull will be one to watch out for. I really liked him also.

JHH":2m8pzmf0 said:
greenwillowhereford II":2m8pzmf0 said:

She looked good and sold extremely well.That Back in time bull will be one to watch out for. I really liked him also.

I am glad you guys thought "Back-N-Time" was a good bull! As we stepped up and bought 1 of the ownership shares. We plan on using him pretty heavily in next years breeding program, on a wide variety of cows/heifers. I really liked his length of body and soundness, and he is sure packed with meat.

Thanks DFF

DFF":1zw2pknx said:
JHH":1zw2pknx said:
greenwillowhereford II":1zw2pknx said:

I am glad you guys thought "Back-N-Time" was a good bull! As we stepped up and bought 1 of the ownership shares. We plan on using him pretty heavily in next years breeding program, on a wide variety of cows/heifers. I really liked his length of body and soundness, and he is sure packed with meat.

Thanks DFF

I thought I heard larry day announced as one of the buyers. Congratulations, you bought into a fine bull!

Latest posts