Installing used feed bin

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky cowboy

Reaction score
I bought a 10 ton feed bin a while back. I'm going to pour concrete pad next week 12x12 6 inches thick with wire, guy I bought it from said to drill holes with an auger 2 foot deep where the legs are going to be. My main problem is trying to set it up we've got a 65hp loader tractor that barely got it off the trailer. Anyone have any ideas I'm afraid if I just raise it up itll bend the legs. All tips appreciated thanks

Temporary bracing on the legs. Securely anchored block to raise against. Another cable to keep it from going going over once gravity takes over.

If use half inch rebar instead of wire mesh also. Stick some rebar in the holes with a 90 degree bend attached to the mat also.

Last edited:
I bought a 10 ton feed bin a while back. I'm going to pour concrete pad next week 12x12 6 inches thick with wire, guy I bought it from said to drill holes with an auger 2 foot deep where the legs are going to be. My main problem is trying to set it up we've got a 65hp loader tractor that barely got it off the trailer. Anyone have any ideas I'm afraid if I just raise it up itll bend the legs. All tips appreciated thanks
2 ft deep will not handle the wind here in OK. We drill down to rock or shale, If you can bell out the bottom of the hole it is better. I would use 3/4 inch dia. bolts to hold the legs down at least 4 to each leg, and the bolts should be welded to minimum dia. 5/8 rebar that extends to the bottom of the hole. I design foundations for a living... If you need a drawing, PM me happy to do it for a fellow rancher..

I'm late, but you could order anchor bolts for pole lights. 'L' shaped and designed to be set in concrete. Pre-threaded.

Temporary bracing on the legs. Securely anchored block to raise against. Another cable to keep it from going going over once gravity takes over.

If use half inch rebar instead of wire mesh also. Stick some rebar in the holes with a 90 degree bend attached to the mat also.

There is

It's in Mayfield ky they Rent their crane on the sign for extra money. $150 an hour.
Their united rentals or places like that you could rent a picker. Shouldn't be very much, they deliver it.

Latest posts