Jimbo Fisher

Help Support CattleToday:

Without a job, do you think he will be able to survive financially? :unsure:

What you could buy with Jimbo Fisher's $76.8 million buyout from Texas A&M
As long as he does not get in the cow business. He has already shown poor decision making after spending $80,000 on one heifer after moving to Texas. Maybe should have bought Corrientes.

Last edited:
While sports in general have provided a lot of entertainment over the years, I wonder if the whole thing is not just a little obscene anymore.
The big money for coaches is just the tip of the ice burg.
Since Kentucky OK'd legalized sports betting the air waves have been flooded with advertisements for it. At least there are fewer lottery ads on TV.

Unreal the guaranteed money these big-time coaches get nowadays. Course the poor guy can't coach again until the contract is up in 2031 so hopefully, he can make it.

I saw were there was 93 billion dollars gambled on sports last year. A lot of people lost their money and I bet a lot did not have it to lose.

Last edited:
Pretty much not the hot sht coach...it's the recruits that will go to gig'em u.....and the ability to play 4 quarters of football.

With the loss of Jimbo, Texas A&M will have a lot of players hitting the transfer portal and after the shellacking we took at Tennessee last week and probably next week can use a lot of them. We have 17 senior starters so PT should not be a problem next year.

Last edited:
Maybe not. Fisher's success in his first few years at Fla St was due to the previous regime there, under Bobby Bowden. The only star player Bowden's staff manage to recruit was Jamis Winston, and that was due to QB coach Dameyune Craig's efforts. (Winston was very interested in going to Univ of Texas but in the end, stayed closer to home)
There's a lot more to playing at TAMU than just who the coach is. A&M, like Texas, has the problem of the big $$$$ alumni. They have a lot of influence and a propaganda arm that would rival that of Joseph Stalin.

Latest posts