Kenny got one for you.

Help Support CattleToday:

A model 25 is a cheaper model 12. You have perked my interest and I will check it out more tonight. I think the poly choke is rare. The 25 was Made only from late 40's to the mid 50's I think.
And maybe made only in 12ga

Last edited:
A model 25 is a cheaper model 12. You have perked my interest and I will check it out more tonight. I think the poly choke is rare. The 25 was Made only from late 40's to the mid 50's I think.
And maybe made only in 12ga
Yes they only made 88k .
Non take down version of Model 12.
I have a Browning Model 12 in 20 only 4K of those were made in grade I.

A Winchester model 25 was made from 1949 to 1954 as an economy version of the model 12 which was very popular. 87,000+ were made. Only made in 12 GA.
Whereas the model 12was made in 12, 16 which I have one of, 20, and 28ga. The model 12 was the perfect shotgun for 50+ years.
And yes I had to Google part of that. It mentions a poly choke on the 25 but doesn't say if it was an add on. Pretty sure it was.

I love the old shotguns. Made much better I feel. I have a lot of them in 16ga. Have a Winchester model 24 double 16 and would love a model 21 16 but too rich for my taste.
My cousin has my uncle's sweet 16 and a 21 in 16.
I have offered her everything you can think of for either one.

I bought one of those Russian made Remington in 16, actually a very sold hunting weapon.

My cousin has my uncle's sweet 16 and a 21 in 16.
I have offered her everything you can think of for either one.
I have a sweet 16 and I think I got it from 3waycross. Never fired it though. Also got the regular A5 in 16. One of them came from him.
Cheapest model 21 I have ever found was $5,000. I know a guy that uses one to grouse hunt with but he knows it's worth a lot.

That other shotgun in the picture is a Browning 16 Upland Special. I have had some ridiculous offers for that shotgun. I have it in the Hunter as well. Both are rare and this is almost sacrilege but a better shotgun than the Model 12 IMO. I have the BPS from 28 to 12 they did it right except the 28. The BPS design is superior IMO of the 12 or Remington 31.
The 16 and 20 are on a 20 gauge frame that's right, so is the 28 that's wrong.
Have a CZ 628 pure joy to tote at 5 lbs through the woods.
It's an 870 knock off.
Most ever pump today is based off Browning's Remington Model 17 modified with the exception of the Model 12.

Not me. But I'm pretty sure it was only made in 12ga.
Ahhh. U may be right. Perhaps the other common name was twelvette?

The one I speak of had a repair at the wrist. Talk about sentimental ol guns...
I remember busting clays like it was nothing with that thing. As a kid, grandpa couldn't load the thrower fast enough!! Always disappointing when there wasn't a 3rd round!

Aint seen one in a coons age.
Sorry to sidetrack. Yall were talking about remchesters huh?
Not a shotgun, but it's a remington! 22short that belonged to the wife dad.
20220316_065322.jpg

Last edited:

I remember busting clays like it was nothing with that thing. As a kid, grandpa couldn't load the thrower fast enough!! Always disappointing when there wasn't a 3rd round!

Sorry to sidetrack. Yall were talking about remchesters huh
Great one to.talk about. I see one occasionally. 3 on Gunbroker this morning with bids from a little over 400 to over 850.
It seems these were made more for skeet shooting where some actually used double barrels. Having 2 shots just matched up.

Sorry to sidetrack. Yall were talking about remchesters huh?
Not a shotgun, but it's a remington! 22short that belonged to the wife dad.
View attachment 14438
Notice it is marked Gallery Special. Those were used at fairs and carnivals in shooting for prizes. Used shorts so it would be easier to stop the bullets behind the target. Shot great but mostly at 5-10 yards. Seems it would be hard to miss but crooked carnival people would bend the sights so the shooter would miss.

Uncle had a Model 11 Winchester, it fine to shoot after you got it primed!
Scared the crap out of me.
I have no clue what happened to that one.
Here in the thicket everything was hunted with shotgun or a 22LR.
I didn't even own a center fire rifle till I was grown and it was a surplus British 303.

Latest posts