Kubota re-gen

Help Support CattleToday:

jwggriff

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Kubota M6060 that does not require def. When using the tractor in lower RPM's the re-gen light comes on and I have to go through the re-gen cycle to continue using the tractor. As long as I stay above 2100-2200 rpm the tractor is fine with no issues. Sometimes when using the grapple I need to slow down to pick up brush etc and must idle down below 2000rpm. Anyone else had any issues with this? Surely this tractor can be used at a lower rpm without doing this every time.

I have a 2018 Kubota M6060 that does not require def. When using the tractor in lower RPM's the re-gen light comes on and I have to go through the re-gen cycle to continue using the tractor. As long as I stay above 2100-2200 rpm the tractor is fine with no issues. Sometimes when using the grapple I need to slow down to pick up brush etc and must idle down below 2000rpm. Anyone else had any issues with this? Surely this tractor can be used at a lower rpm without doing this every time.
Im going to guess there is a relay thats bad. It should idle and still work.

You do not idle regen tractors. You have to keep the RPMs up (heat) to keep the filter burnt out or it will regen a lot more. Tractors 70 horses or less does not require to have the def. That is less problems down the road, but the regen is where the sensors, circuit boards, filter and BS is mostly at. Putting the piss in (urea) is really not that problematic based on history so far. Kubota did have a problem with the urea crystallizing because the tank was to close the trans and getting hot causing the DEF to cyclize and go into limp mode. They fixed it by putting insulation around the tank.

Last edited:
You do not idle regen tractors. You have to keep the RPMs up (heat) to keep the filter burnt out or it will regen a lot more. Tractors 70 horses or less does not require to have the def. That is less problems down the road, but the regen is where the sensors, circuit boards and BS is mostly at. Putting the piss in (urea) is really not that problematic based on history so far. Kubota did have a problem with the urea crystallizing because the tank was to close the trans and getting hot causing the DEF to cyclize and go into limp mode. They fixed it by putting insulation around the tank.
But it shouldn't do it every time its below 2000rpm should it? Could the filter be stopped up?

Can you just run it real hard for 30 minutes or so to get everything hot and blow out the soot? Thats what I would have to do with my 2008 cummins in a Dodge 3500.

Can you just run it real hard for 30 minutes or so to get everything hot and blow out the soot? Thats what I would have to do with my 2008 cummins in a Dodge 3500.
Yes sometimes that works. Other times I have to stop work, place in neutral and go through the regen cycle to reset it.

We've got a M9960 with regen. The regen kicks in about every 8 hrs. You have to keep the tractor above 2,000 rpm for 15-20 minutes but can continue using it. I'll admit the regen is a pain when it kicks in on the way to the barn after doing something or when it kicks in and you need to have the tractor just above idle speed. Overall not too bad though.

By reading the post I'm not sure if the Tractor is always in regen mode or he's wanting to slow down while in regen.

Latest posts