Look What I Got

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
I went to the local (if you call 2 hours away local :p ) auction mart for their Exotic and Small Animal sale yesterday. I took 3 Muscovy Drakes, and 8 roosters up, just to get rid of them. I was happy with the prices, got $20 for one drake and $10 for the others and at least $5/box for the roosters. It was a pretty good sale. Of course, when you go to one of these sales, you never get out of there without bringing something home.

DSC05617.jpg

DSC05616.jpg

DSC05613.jpg

I also brought home 1 Guinea Fowl pair, 1 Black Muscovy pair and 1 Blue and White Muscovy pair. The colored Muscovies are kind of hard to find.

Randi, you won't be sorry...I'm grinnin' from ear to ear. What a wonderful dog. He obviously is gonna love you forever, and ever, amen. I mean, just look at his face!!!!!! :)

Alice

Alice":2ryj6lnf said:
Randi, you won't be sorry...I'm grinnin' from ear to ear. What a wonderful dog. He obviously is gonna love you forever, and ever, amen. I mean, just look at his face!!!!!! :)

Alice

Why thanks, Alice. He was my pick of the pup's that were there. But, he is gonna have to work for his living ;-) , but that is what he was bred to do..... Heeler/Catahoula cross.

I love the dog.
People pay money for Muscovey ducks?!
I had some volunteer Muscovey on a pond and I'd have paid to get rid of them. They convert sunlight into poop at a 1:3 ratio. Some would say that isn't possible--but I know what I saw.

You chose a boy!..they always say females are quicker to please and a male is challenging!

He is a cutie I'm sure he will earn his keep, we have a healer/shepard cross and "she" has finally caught on. I don't know what a Catahoula is but will google it. he looks like he will be a big one :) :) Donna

That first picture made me go awwwwww. Looks like a sweetie!

Kid looks like he has a best buddy now for sure.

john250":3fqnfjfl said:
I love the dog.
People pay money for Muscovey ducks?!
I had some volunteer Muscovey on a pond and I'd have paid to get rid of them. They convert sunlight into poop at a 1:3 ratio. Some would say that isn't possible--but I know what I saw.

They do indeed pay for them. Just gotta find the right people. My ducks don't have access to a pond, so they can't mess one up. They do a real good job on flies though, and that is the biggest reason I have them.

donnaIL":1tbo0kyr said:
You chose a boy!..they always say females are quicker to please and a male is challenging!

He is a cutie I'm sure he will earn his keep, we have a healer/shepard cross and "she" has finally caught on. I don't know what a Catahoula is but will google it. he looks like he will be a big one :) :) Donna

I do honestly prefer a female, but the females in his litter sold for way more than I was willing to pay. Didn't think I would be able to afford him, with the way they sold. He was the friendliest of the litter, which was why I had him picked out over the others, though. I think he is going to be pretty big.

Once they catch on, they can sure be a big help :D

Donna

The catahoula dogs make real good cattle and hog dogs and they are pretty much down in the south. You don't see that many up north at least I haven't. I do have a friend that has a couple in California and I was amazed he had any. I have a black mouth cur dog and he is really smart and can run like the wind. I think he is also out of hog dogs, but he is just a farm dog now. If he is out of that cross he will be a little bigger then the blue heeler dogs typically are, but should be a nice one.

garseer":2tvllrpg said:
Donna

The catahoula dogs make real good cattle and hog dogs and they are pretty much down in the south. You don't see that many up north at least I haven't. I do have a friend that has a couple in California and I was amazed he had any. I have a black mouth cur dog and he is really smart and can run like the wind. I think he is also out of hog dogs, but he is just a farm dog now. If he is out of that cross he will be a little bigger then the blue heeler dogs typically are, but should be a nice one.

I don't know much about Catahoulas other than they are cattle dogs. We will see. But, he did keep up with me today, I was on horseback, and we covered about 2 miles on a good trot or lope. He isn't scared of the cattle, so that is a bonus.

Latest posts