Miniature hereford bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

SF

Reaction score
Here are some pics of a couple of miniature hereford bulls. You can see by the stock trailer in the backround their size in perspective. The mature bull is 43 inches high, the yearling bull is 37 inches high.

Red_Pride.jpg

Bull1.jpg

Certainly are beefy critters. I like the mature bull. The youngster's got a little more sheath than I expected to see.

Nice looking bull's. Do you eat them? What kind of finish weight do you get? They look like they would fit perfect in my freezer.

purecountry":33dgmuk4 said:
Certainly are beefy critters. I like the mature bull. The youngster's got a little more sheath than I expected to see.

I agree with you.

RAWCJW":5z5fhczr said:
Nice looking bull's. Do you eat them? What kind of finish weight do you get? They look like they would fit perfect in my freezer.

These two won't go into the freezer anytime soon. Both will be used for breeding purposes unless they are sold first.

Miniature Hereford steers certainly make good meat for the freezer. Finished steers will weigh between 700 and 800 pounds live weight and should yield between 225 and 300 pounds of packaged meat for your freezer. You can expect ribeyes of 10 to 12 inches.

Nice looking animals. Did you have to train those horns to curve down like that? If so how long does that take or is it an ongoing thing?
TurnThatCowLooseMaw":wyf1vdqb said:
The only thing I did not like about those pics is that the bulls head is tied waaaaaay to high. If he goes down you will have problems with his head being tied up to high.
How is this a problem? They don't seem taut like some of the bull pictures. I've never had a halter rope in my hands, totally inexperienced here. And if he does go down. It wouldn't be the first load I cut the straps off of. ;-)

dj":2eera8sp said:
Nice looking animals. Did you have to train those horns to curve down like that? If so how long does that take or is it an ongoing thing?
TurnThatCowLooseMaw":2eera8sp said:
The only thing I did not like about those pics is that the bulls head is tied waaaaaay to high. If he goes down you will have problems with his head being tied up to high.
How is this a problem? They don't seem taut like some of the bull pictures. I've never had a halter rope in my hands, totally inexperienced here. And if he does go down. It wouldn't be the first load I cut the straps off of. ;-)

They are only tied up for the pictures. One pull of the loose end of the rope and they are loose. No need to cut anything, etc...

We tie them with their heads up for a couple of weeks when breaking to lead, etc... Never had a problem with it. Even if one decides to lay down, they've always been able to get up. Not sure what the concern is. Either way, one pull of the loose end and they are loose.

sebrondjr":1pei8a6a said:
Did you put weights on the tips of the bigger one's horns, or did they naturally turn down?

Both are good looking minis!

Weights and they were left on a little too long.

Thanks

Latest posts