Mountaintown Creek Ranch soap

Help Support CattleToday:

BFE

Reaction score
image.jpg
I received an assortment of soap yesterday from my friend Keith yesterday. The wife wanted to try the hot chocomint first, which is not pictured. I can't remember the name of the one unwrapped in the picture. Really nice scents, not overpowering. Made for a good clean feeling coming out of the shower. Tonight I used the lather for a shave instead of the normal barbasol and I had the smoothest shave I've had in a long time. Good quality product!

I was going to try the Wild Ass soap, but ordered some Baja Soap instead. It cost just a little less and they had a sample pack. The Wild Ass soap has CBD oil in it, not sure if that is good or bad. The Wild Ass soap is made in McCook Nebraska, and the Baja in California. There are so many chemicals in the products we use that I am starting to wonder if they are all that good for us.

I was going to try the Wild Ass soap, but ordered some Baja Soap instead. It cost just a little less and they had a sample pack. The Wild Ass soap has CBD oil in it, not sure if that is good or bad. The Wild Ass soap is made in McCook Nebraska, and the Baja in California. There are so many chemicals in the products we use that I am starting to wonder if they are all that good for us.

Just stop bathing and become one with nature. We'll get ya some bear grease to oil up with.

View attachment 30212
I received an assortment of soap yesterday from my friend Keith yesterday. The wife wanted to try the hot chocomint first, which is not pictured. I can't remember the name of the one unwrapped in the picture. Really nice scents, not overpowering. Made for a good clean feeling coming out of the shower. Tonight I used the lather for a shave instead of the normal barbasol and I had the smoothest shave I've had in a long time. Good quality product!
Is that the same @Mountaintown Creek Ranch that is a member here? I have alot of sensitivities to some soaps... and ironically, use Dove soap almost exclusively since it feels good and doesn't cause any reactions. Like to try other ones though...maybe they can PM me with an address?

I grew up using a combination of granny's homemade soap and Ivory. I don't like any soap that has a foofoo smell or leaves me feeling slimy.

We've been using this liquid stuff for 30 years, well before they had internet sales. It also has instructions on how to use it in the dishwasher and the laundry machine.

It's very concentrated. A gallon last us at least a year. I realize that don't mean much, cause y'all don't know how often we bathe or do dishes :ROFLMAO:A0F2246E-8323-46C7-ABBE-76144ED5E80F.png

I grew up using a combination of granny's homemade soap and Ivory. I don't like any soap that has a foofoo smell or leaves me feeling slimy.

We've been using this liquid stuff for 30 years, well before they had internet sales. It also has instructions on how to use it in the dishwasher and the laundry machine.

It's very concentrated. A gallon last us at least a year. I realize that don't mean much, cause y'all don't know how often we bathe or do dishes :ROFLMAO:View attachment 30223
In your industry I sure hope you bathe at least weekly, I'd hate to be in a shop or office with a fella that didn't 😂🤣

When I was young everyone used it. It sure cut the dirt when you only took a bath once a week. Lol
I remember helping my grandparents cook it in an old black kettle over a fire in their front yard. Can't remember what all Granny put in it, but remember helping cut it up in chunks with an old shoe knife.

You guys? ALL soap is lye soap. You have to have lye to convert the fat molecules to soap molecules. The only difference between granny's lye soap and any modern soap is how much lye is used. Granny didn't measure her lye in grams, but there are saponification calculators now (so you don't even have to do the math yourself!) that will tell you exactly, to the gram, how much lye will saponify (convert) a specific amount of a certain type of fat (olive oil, tallow, coconut oil, lard, whatever).

I started making soap 25 years ago, because all the store-bought soap, especially Ivory and Dove, gave me a horrible itchy rash. My homemade soap doesn't, but it has wonderful lather and it rinses off well. (Too much lye makes that 'slimy' feel.) I always use essential oils in mine, so I don't even have artificial fragrances. It is wonderfully silky smooth, has nice creamy lather, it smells nice, and it's just as natural as Granny's old lye soap. :)

Latest posts