Multiple spindle bush hog

Help Support CattleToday:

High Cotton

Reaction score
Has any one had one that blades started hitting each other. At first I thought the shaft had some how jumped a tooth. Now I think the blades and or bolts are worn allowing them to hit one another. Has this happened to any one else?

Had bad bearing that caused on side ro wabble and hit the other, I chaneged the way they were indexed on one side so that the baldes were 180 out and that solved it for a while. Had to move one gear in the gear box to do it.

It's a woods 10ft. It seemed like it was timed right when it started hitting. The spindles were perpendicular to one another. I did as Dun suggested. Thanks Dun. It worked for now. The gear boxes looked fine. The only thing that I noticed was that the 6 splined shaft on one gear box was in pretty bad shape. The splines were pretty mangled. The only thing that I can think of is someone lost the bolt that holds the flange some time in the past.

We have a 10 ft Bush Hog 3210. It has rubber dampeners on the cross shafts that will slip. That will cause the blades to get out of time. I think the point is there needs to be some way to handle a hit on one side. There is only one main clutch. I don't care for it and would never have another brush hog with the cross shafts.

Latest posts