My Life as a Turkey

Help Support CattleToday:

Gale Seddon

Reaction score
Since today is Thanksgiving Day, there's been a lot of talk about turkeys and traditions, etc., in the news recently. There's a blog I visit regularly about wildlife, mostly birds, and this was posted there. For those of you who don't do the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade or football, this might be an option...a PBS program about a man who incubated wild turkey eggs, imprinted them, and raised them to adulthood. I haven't watched it yet, but plan to...Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! :wave:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes ... sode/7378/

Gale,
I watched that a few nights ago. That guy is either a little nutty or doesn't have much other to do. One thing that I noticed is they were climbing all over him and never crapped once.

Cabo, I imagine he is a little "different" but in a good way perhaps? Hope I get a chance to watch it this weekend!

You'll never look at Turkeys the same way again. It turns out they're an animal species that has feelings, emotions, and an uncanny ability to understand their natural environment from a very early age. It's not that the video is about a Turkey, it could be about any animal, but I think it demonstrates that sometimes we have to just live in the moment instead of worrying about the future.

Dakota, I like your thoughts, especially the living in the moment one. I notice that becomes more significant as I age.

Latest posts