New Idea Disc Mower

Help Support CattleToday:

cattle60

Reaction score
I have an older style (gray model ) 5408 new idea disc mower. The bearings that work the big wheel in the belts area that attach to the pto went out. Replaced them and put new belts on and they just turn and end up being flipped off. Looking at it (wheel) it looks like it is turning at an angle compared to the smaller one . This is looking from the end of the mower. Is there an adjustment that i am missing that will line it up with the smaller one and not throw/break the belts? Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't know anything about specifically what you have there but I would be checking that the new bearings are in the same position on the shaft as before.

Ken

I'm reading your post and looking at the parts book. The parts book is online if you need it.
The bearings that work the big wheel in the belts area that attach to the pto went out.
That sounds like the drive hub assembly which has 2 bearings, 2 washers, and 2 retaining rings. I don't see an adjustment there. Just on the side of the hub to loosen or tighten the belt. Do check the shaft for wear. Sometimes a shaft wears and the pulley is not secure on the shaft.

The parts list for the main drive shows the small pulley and 8 washers. If it would help, I think you can move the small pulley left or right by moving washers from one side to the other. Good luck...

Latest posts