Opinions on 6yr polled hereford bull

Help Support CattleToday:

shadyhollownj

Reaction score
Ok so now that I have figured out how to post pics using photobucket not ranchers whatever heres the deal. This is our polled hereford bull we got with our cows 2 years ago when we started. He throws pretty good calves but now that we have 5 heifers from him I started ai last year as some of you know with all my questions. I just wanna get some opinions on him. So I know to use him for cleanup after ai or still breed him to some of our good cows right off the bat instead of an ai bull. So heres some pics of him and his heifer calf that just had a calf from progress. Lets have it. Oh yeah his daddy is stone ridge manor mastor and dams daddy is world class 517.

P5280237.jpg

P5280233.jpg

Always on the clock ;-)
P4140170.jpg

Thats his heifer calf on the right at 9 months. The other calf is not his.

you have 1 fine looking polled hereford bull thats for sure.an he a well muscled son of a gun.

Ok Dun these are the only other pics I found on my computer of him. Not really that much better angles.
P41401842.jpg

P5280235.jpg

P5280238.jpg

Not his calf blocking the view

My advise would be to practice your photography or have you wife take the pictures. Something.

These pics werent taken by me for this board. They were taken two years ago by my wife to show her friends her new cows. If it wasnt 10 degrees out today I would have taken better pics but I didnt know it was that critical. Sorry just looking a little input by some long time cattle guys. Thanks.

shadyhollownj":2zm24t3o said:
These pics werent taken by me for this board. They were taken two years ago by my wife to show her friends her new cows. If it wasnt 10 degrees out today I would have taken better pics but I didnt know it was that critical. Sorry just looking a little input by some long time cattle guys. Thanks.

Your cattle are fine, don't worry about every bit of meaningless criticism you get on here. He's a pretty decent bull.

BTW you breed those heifers to a calving ease Gelbvieh and you should have some great calves.

You could also consider a good red balancer if you want to stay red, the steers would marble well and should grow like crazy.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I though he would get killed like alot of other bulls people put on here. One question still remains do I breed him right off the bat to my cows to possibly get some more replacement stock from his genetics since I dont know how much longer I will be keeping him since he can only breed 7 of 14. I was thinking he could be cleanup for those 7 if I ai them one time and then put them out or do I breed him to them from the start to get some more of his genetics in the herd since I have been feeding him another year. I know everyone will have different opinions but thats the good thing about this board. Thanks.

shadyhollownj":1vfpdl3v said:
Thanks for the positive feedback. I though he would get killed like alot of other bulls people put on here. One question still remains do I breed him right off the bat to my cows to possibly get some more replacement stock from his genetics since I dont know how much longer I will be keeping him since he can only breed 7 of 14. I was thinking he could be cleanup for those 7 if I ai them one time and then put them out or do I breed him to them from the start to get some more of his genetics in the herd since I have been feeding him another year. I know everyone will have different opinions but thats the good thing about this board. Thanks.
if ya got him you might as well use him and make him pay for his keep in my opinion

Thats what i'm kinda plannin on now since people didnt think he was that bad of a bull. I miles well use him to get a couple more replacements from his bloodline before I get rid of him. The ai bulls can always wait till next year. At least for the seven I can breed him too.

Good pictures, good cattle, what i would like for you to do is brave the cold and take some pictures of the same locations to see what they look like now. We just don't get the snow down here like you and it would be interesting to see it under snow.

Latest posts