Ordering vaccines?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
How many of you order your vaccines thru some place like Valley Vet? I have been trying to buy ours at the local vets office but they only keep 50 dose size usually and thats too much waste for my herd size. Are you happy with mail ordering these?

tom4018":1nwlx4ny said:
How many of you order your vaccines thru some place like Valley Vet? I have been trying to buy ours at the local vets office but they only keep 50 dose size usually and thats too much waste for my herd size. Are you happy with mail ordering these?
You can't beat the customer service at Valley Vet. I can sit right here and order my vaccine and have it in the cattle in less than 24 hours if the UPS man gets off his ass. I normally like to buy my vaccines at Walco/Hi-Pro, but have been doing more and more business with Valley Vet because of price, availability and service. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I've done mail order through Valley and I was very happy with it. This big thing is make sure that they always arrive cold. If they are not still cold and the ice packs are more than 50% melted call them and get new ones shipped. They will do you no good if they get warm.

i have used valley vet and was very pleased with them. we also have a walco feller not far from here and of course the local feed store. i prefer to buy local though instead of internet just cause they are my friends and i like to give them all the business i can. :)

i have wondered about how long vacines would stay good during shipping... mine get to me in about 48 hours... the ice is all melted, but it is still somewhat cool in the box... i am told by the seller that they are still good.

anyone else been told this? maybe i need to change up some??

jt

Medic24":1w11sde1 said:
Valley Vet does a great job of shipping, but if you order from Jeffers, they do offer an insulated styrofoam cooler for a couple of bucks more to insure good insulation during shipping. :cboy:

jeffers? where's jeffers?
couldn't find a jeffers.com :roll:

M Gravlee":75vqx5ci said:
http://www.jefferslivestock.com/ssc/default.asp?id=10145&link=84

And we make a few cents if you order anything. ;-)

Macon;

Why not set up the same deal with valleyvet?

M Gravlee":3r207r9q said:
http://www.jefferslivestock.com/ssc/default.asp?id=10145&link=84

And we make a few cents if you order anything. ;-)

:) thanks macon!

Medic24":17g1lhhw said:
Valley Vet does a great job of shipping, but if you order from Jeffers, they do offer an insulated styrofoam cooler for a couple of bucks more to insure good insulation during shipping. :cboy:

yes, it is jeffers that i have ordered from, and i do get the styrofoam cooler, but was just curious as to what some of you thought about it taking 48 hours to get the order in... i suppose i could ask them about overnighting it..??

thanks

jt

You can also get your local vet to write you a prescription for the vaccine your wanting to use and take it to your local compound pharmacy and have them mix it up for you. For me it's been a lot cheaper to do this. :cboy:

Latest posts