Parris Island SC

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Me my 10 and 8 yr old visited Parris Island today to watch Marine Corp Bravo company graduate from boot camp. I was really surprised at how easy it is to go in base with absolutely no search or anything of your vehicle. They don't even check IDs. It was graduation & family day but with the constant threat of terrorism I just don't get it. The graduation was really neat and all that goes with it

I suppose a lot of the training commands are like that on graduation day--depends on perceived threat level tho. Getting into MCRD is easy--getting out-not so much unless things have changed since I was at the West Coast equivalent in San Diego.
I did not go, but our car club just had a rally out near Abilene and part of the cruise included a visit to Dyess AFB. They had to have an active duty USAF sponsor and each vehicle was searched, but that's an active duty base with lots of vital "equipment" there.

I go into Ft. Campbell, Ky often and they run a check on you every time you go in, drive thru some type of scanner and MP's usually look in the back of the van. ID is checked twice.

tom4018":30kj4ok2 said:
I go into Ft. Campbell, Ky often and they run a check on you every time you go in, drive thru some type of scanner and MP's usually look in the back of the van. ID is checked twice.
What do you go in there for?

tncattle":2iiar7nb said:
tom4018":2iiar7nb said:
I do service work on base.

tom4018":24a9bjp3 said:
tncattle":24a9bjp3 said:
tom4018":24a9bjp3 said:
What does that service work include

tncattle":34de9l5w said:
tom4018":34de9l5w said:
tncattle":34de9l5w said:
"What does that service work include?"
Who do you talk to when you go there?
What do you talk about?
Do you ever take pictures
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the....................?

Greybeard,
I do service work on base.[/quote]
What do you talk about?
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the....................?[/quote]

Sorry my questions aren't worthy of your approval. BTW, getting out of MCRD was as easy as getting in, we just drove out no problems. Even if no "vital" equipment is there etc. it would still be a major physcological victory for terrorist to strike there.

Ive been on barksdale afb by shreveport many times with my uncle. They didnt even check my id. Just his base id. He served there for probably 15 of his 20 years and is still a civilian contractor on the base. We were fishing.

greybeard":1ipjt1wh said:
"What does that service work include?" Fixing things.
Who do you talk to when you go there? Myself.
What do you talk about? Anything and everything.
Do you ever take pictures Sure it is allowed in places.
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the....................? Sure am a member of several ...........'s. [/quote]

:lol2:

tncattle":kfajj2su said:
Greybeard,
What do you talk about?
Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the....................?[/quote]

Sorry my questions aren't worthy of your approval. BTW, getting out of MCRD was as easy as getting in, we just drove out no problems. Even if no "vital" equipment is there etc. it would still be a major physcological victory for terrorist to strike there.[/quote]
I didn't say I didn't approve of them--I even asked some of my own.
Inquiring minds want to know what he's doing there....
(I was referring to the recruits getting in or out of MCRD. Easy in--more difficult leaving)

Latest posts