Pictures from the 80's

Help Support CattleToday:

High Cotton

Reaction score
I was looking through some old photo albums and found some pictures of my dad's cows. He ran Brangus or Hereford bulls on mostly Hereford cows. If I remember right right he was up to around 200-250 or so head when he got out.
IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

That's neat pictures, thanks for posting. It might be a good idea to start a thread with old cattle pics.

Thanks Knersie, I played a joke on my dad with these pictures tonight. I called and told him to check his email when he got home. I told him I found a few Brangus bulls that I really liked and to tell me what he thought. He called me right as he was opening the email. He started off saying that bull looked just like so and so. I don't remember the names. Then he as he looked at the next few he said "wait just a dang minute those where my old bulls". We both had a good laugh. The bulls were registered. I will try and do some digging and find out more about them. Pick them apart if you would like. I would like to hear opinions. I'm still trying to learn how to better evaluate cattle. If some one else has old pictures post them up. I enjoy old agriculture pictures.

Jed, I had a friend scan them then we uploaded them to Photobucket. Photobuket works well for me because all I have is an IPhone right now. If you want pm and I'll help you post them or post them for you.

Beefy":2aerww36 said:
whats up with that light colored one?

It was probably a calf out of a cow he bought breed. I remember him saying he would buy a small herd of cows from time to time.

Jed, you could always go to walmart or walgreens and get them to put them to a cd. It would cost a few bucks but it's cheaper than buying a scanner.

Latest posts