Pressure cookers?

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers":1fnvku2r said:
My grandmother had one blowup on her back in the 60's. Hurt her real bad.

I know they are much safer these days with the newer ones, sorry to hear about her pain.

My mother made us stay completely out of the kitchen while pressure cooking.

When I was a kid we had a hole in the kitchen cieling where the pressure relief valve blew off and imbedded itself.

My dad had one blow up on him back in the late 70's. you have to release the pressure before opening. I set mine in the sink and run water over the dodler until it quits hissing then open it.

I have a 24 qt that I use for all of my canning, I just don't use the lid for water bath canning. It holds more jars that the standard enameled canning pots. I wouldn't be without it for that purpose.
I rarely cook in it however, partly because it's so large, and it's not really my cooking style. I'm also not fond of cooking in aluminum pots, which is what it's made of.

pdfangus":2jwqv5dv said:
or people can do what they are supposed to do....set it aside and let the pressure disapate as designed.....

Ditto that. The canning time also considers the cooling off time as part of the treatment.

My wife uses a small pressure cooker for beef stew, roasts and tougher steaks covered in mushroom soup. Now I'm hungry

I like about anything cooked in a pressure cooker.

I recommend this pressure cooker, just dont leave it on high..
[youtube]ZvX4U_d0hRA[/youtube]

I cook with pressure cookers a lot and the cookers today have safety features to keep them from blowing. Even so, i have to admit i'm a little timid around them. If it starts making funny noises, i panic a little..lol..

Latest posts