Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Woke up about 5:15 to the house shaking--not sure if it was from wind--or the lightning and thunder--or all 3.

Looks like the Lord had decided to bless us with a little more rain.

Tuesday 05/27 100%
Thunderstorms - some locally heavy downpours are possible, especially during the afternoon hours. High 78F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. 2 to 3 inches of rain expected.

Tuesday Night 05/27 90%
Thunderstorms likely. Rainfall will be locally heavy at times. Low 68F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%.

Wednesday 05/28 80%
Thunderstorms likely. High around 85F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall may reach one inch.

Wednesday Night 05/28 60%
Partly to mostly cloudy skies with scattered thunderstorms mainly before midnight. Low 67F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.

Thursday 05/29 80%
Scattered thunderstorms in the morning, then mainly cloudy during the afternoon with thunderstorms likely. High 86F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%.

Thursday Night 05/29 80%
Thunderstorms during the evening followed by occasional showers overnight. Low 67F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%.

It stands right now that this is the 8th wettest month of May on record and the month isn't over yet. This following February and April which were both in the top 10 wettest for those months and March which was the wettest March ever. It has been one wet four month stretch. I wish I could send some of this to others who need it because it is just going to waste here.

We just had our best rainfall since August of 2012.. past two days we have gotten almost 2".. Dont seem like much, but around here its quite a bit.
It might just save the hay season.

Limomike":2o7cyc73 said:
We just had our best rainfall since August of 2012.. past two days we have gotten almost 2".. Dont seem like much, but around here its quite a bit.
It might just save the hay season.

Got my winter hay already up everything from now on is icing on the cake.
Was a month late with that.

Emptied 5 1/2" from the rain gauge just now. Collected since 2 o'clock yesterday afternoon and still drenching us for quite a while forward it looks like.
Was pretty darn dry before it started.

wow... we just got nearly 3" of rain overnite. should be a big boon for our hay season!

Limomike":33unq5ok said:
wow... we just got nearly 3" of rain overnite. should be a big boon for our hay season!
That's good....heck it all missed me the past few days. Went to East Texas over the weekend and seemed like it rained the whole time I was there. Sure is lush and green over there.

TexasBred":1iqqj0up said:
Limomike":1iqqj0up said:
That's good....heck it all missed me the past few days. Went to East Texas over the weekend and seemed like it rained the whole time I was there. Sure is lush and green over there.

What did you expect as you were closer to heaven here.

Caustic Burno":2c4yz1ix said:
TexasBred":2c4yz1ix said:
Limomike":2c4yz1ix said:

We have paper mills out here too. Norton is right there in Stephenville. They make sand paper.

Caustic Burno":1umg9352 said:
TexasBred":1umg9352 said:
Limomike":1umg9352 said:

LOL- if ole TB wasn't such a hard AZZ the good lord might sprinkle on him.

Caustic Burno":28oob88g said:
TexasBred":28oob88g said:
Limomike":28oob88g said:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Should have known that was coming. Hope that big ol' nose of yours gets sunburned soon. :lol:

Yeah, it's nice and green and I got some fertilize out between the rains last week, but better be dang careful where you drive now.
4wd don't help when yur bogged down to the frame and body. X2 yesterday.

greybeard":12nxkgnq said:
Yeah, it's nice and green and I got some fertilize out between the rains last week, but better be dang careful where you drive now.
4wd don't help when yur bogged down to the frame and body. X2 yesterday.

All a four wheel drive is good for is getting you 50 feet farther than you have chain.

Had a break yesterday but looks like the bottom will fall out any minute this morning. I just don't need any more moisture right now.

Latest posts