Reciepts

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
If you use a credit/debit card to pay for fuel, how many of you double-check the receipts? Put fuel in one of the pickups today and went inside to pay, $78.50. As I was scribbling my John Hancock on the reciept I noticed it said $675! She got me confused with the semi beside me. But I did get a free drink out of the deal.

cfpinz

:shock:

The semi driver would have been happy.

I like to go to the stations where you pay outside at the pump. I don't look at those but I suppose I should just in case the machine were to mess up.

Gate Opener":1762r7y4 said:
I like to go to the stations where you pay outside at the pump.

Keep your receipts!!!!!

Pulled out of Cleburne once and headed home. A few miles down the road cops were all over me for driving off and not paying for gasoline. They had my plate number and vehicle description. "Sir, this truck runs on diesel and there is the receipt right there on the dash..." Went back to the station and the clerk said, "Yep. THAT'S HIM! THAT'S THE TRUCK! IT AINT COMING OUT OF MY PAYCHECK THIS TIME!" Good thing I had the receipt with the time and date on it. She obviously had me confused with someone else.

Be careful when you pay at the pump.

Oh My. I didn't think about that happening. I do keep all of my receipts. If someone gives me a receipt I keep it. Probably shouldn't keep some like grocery but I do.

My husband went to a catfish place once and got take out. We don't tip when we are getting take out and draw a squiggly line through the tip area. Anyway, I noticed sometime afterward on my credit card account that the amount was $10.00 more than it should be. Turned out the guy put a $10 tip on there. I think it was the owner because we gave him a copy of the receipt and he wouldn't make good on it and wouldn't return our calls. We just reported it to the cc company and it was taken care of. BTW he went out of business shortly after that.

As far as paying for drive-offs, that would be hard for those clerks. One tank full would probably be a days pay.

cfpinz":ppjmpfez said:
If you use a credit/debit card to pay for fuel, how many of you double-check the receipts? Put fuel in one of the pickups today and went inside to pay, $78.50. As I was scribbling my John Hancock on the reciept I noticed it said $675! She got me confused with the semi beside me. But I did get a free drink out of the deal.

cfpinz

That happens more than you know. I have seen it happen more than once at the corner station here since school started.

Lammie":2qcfkpbn said:
cfpinz":2qcfkpbn said:

cfpinz

That happens more than you know. I have seen it happen more than once at the corner station here since school started.

I was paying the credit card bill recently and saw a $57 charge for for gasoline, but the receipt was for $50.06. That was strange because we try to stop on even dollars. When we went back and double checked the $57 was right. I guess the previous customer didn't get his receipt and we wound up with it. I usually don't pay much attention; just grab the receipt and put it in the console. But I think maybe I'll start paying more attention.

where i work, we get calls for gas drive off all the time. a lot of the time its someone that just forgets. it helps if clerks actually pay attention though. when we ask for a description of the vehicle they usually say they aren't sure. but it could be this or this or this. :mad: they are a lot of vehicles on the hwy that are this, this or this. also, just because you put your credit card in at the pump doesn't necessarily mean you really paid. the machines can screw up and not charge your card. i know, you're shocked. :roll: ;-)

cfpinz":1astkv1a said:
If you use a credit/debit card to pay for fuel, how many of you double-check the receipts?
cfpinz

I do - every single time! I've had too many air-headed clerks who either didn't charge me at all, or tried to charge me with the wrong pump. I know what pump I filled up at, and I know what the amount is before I ever walk in to pay - and I always double check it. ;-)

Latest posts