Safety

Help Support CattleToday:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch

Reaction score
Went on a medical call today,tractor roll over No ROP No seatbelt. Rancher was dead when we arrived on scene. Died from crushed skull when the tractor landed on him. Please wear your seat belt and make sure you have and use your ROP device. :(

Happens alot, hear about it way to frequently, neighbor was stacking round bales up with an open cab and had a 1000lb bale land on his head breaking his neck, he wasnt parylized and crawled 200yards to a phone and now 2yrs later has no side affects, stories like this are about one in a million though, sorry to hear about it but should be a wake up call.

I have a buddy who lost his right arm and his left arm got so mangled he cant use it anymore.

PTO got him. Dave is the one on the left in the picture.

Be careful out there....heavy equipment is not forgiving.

vette2.jpg

Anytime you are being careless with handling any type of tools or equipment you take your life in you're own hands.
But I would probably be safe in saying we are all guilty of it one time or the other.

I turned a 450JD crawler over on it's side one time,and it had no headache bars on it. Was very lucky and did not get hurt.
All because of being in a hurry and tried to cut corners ignore saftey and get done. Luckly I learned a lesson the easy way.

Cal

THat seems to be the most often time someone gets hurt, when hurrying! Slow down, think about it a second, then do.

ROP = Roll over Protection Device (a roll bar). Had this mans tractor had one and he was wearing his seat belt (one is no good without the other)he may very well be alive today.

Latest posts