Spartan Mowers???

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of a zero turn, but my old riding lawn mower is on its last leg. May not make it another mowing. A guy locally is selling a new brand called Spartan. All American made. Quality components. Only been around a couple of years, but I don't think parts will be an issue. Anybody got one or know anything about em?

Never bumped my on thread, so I guess nobody is familiar with them. The guy that works on my junk, said my mower is definitely on its last leg. He doubts it will make it till fall. I should probably go ahead and get something.

They look good......I bet they are not cheap...........

https://spartanmowers.com/

http://todaysmower.com/spartan-zero-tur ... od-or-bad/

orig_829b72604c3f9c28246d0cef1465f900bc1ae017.jpg

jltrent":afu6r0hl said:
That's actually my point. They are very reasonable. Salesman went through this some speal about a do not compete clause running out, and now they are on the market. Supposedly use top of the line components. I wanted to think on it a little while, and get some feed back. Looks like I gotta get something to mow my yard with though.

I prefer a lil cabbed tractor with a finishing mower for blazing hot days... days that are cool or up early cutting I prefer farmall cub

I just st pulled the trigger on there biggest model. Time will tell.

I think Calbelas sell them here. I have looked at them they seemed well built. I went with a Scag instead.

Bigfoot":201cbui8 said:

It's to late and doesn't really matter now but what kind of engine does it have? And what size cut is the largest?
Good luck with it and be very careful on a side hill.

M-5":2fsy03es said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2fsy03es said:
Bigfoot":2fsy03es said:

I think you'll be happy with it.

Says the guy that sits in a lawn chair while the hired help cuts the "lawn"

Not hardly, have you seen how hot it is most days when those guys are mowing? I'm indoors under a ceiling fan with a cold glass of sweet tea.

Yes I agree be careful on hills! If u go down a hill and it looses traction u better hang on. Also they don't do good mowing on a side of a hill the back end try's to slide down.

pricefarm":2xy1xtlr said:
Yes I agree be careful on hills! If u go down a hill and it looses traction u better hang on. Also they don't do good mowing on a side of a hill the back end try's to slide down.

The Mexicans that do most of the mower work in our area put those zero turn mowers in some crazy spots. Those boys are fearless.

TennesseeTuxedo":hqx4lrvs said:
pricefarm":hqx4lrvs said:

The Mexicans that do most of the mower work in our area put those zero turn mowers in some crazy spots. Those boys are fearless.
Several weeks in the desert or in the back of a van gets them accustomed

M-5":33r0ete2 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":33r0ete2 said:
pricefarm":33r0ete2 said:

No doubt, I gotta get myself a half dozen or so to clean up the farm.

TennesseeTuxedo":1widm1di said:
M-5":1widm1di said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1widm1di said:

Better get you some now after the wall there won't be any more Mexicans to work.

hurleyjd":20gpmoee said:
TennesseeTuxedo":20gpmoee said:
M-5":20gpmoee said:

Better get you some now after the wall there won't be any more Mexicans to work.

It might keep the Mexicans from coming in but it will not stop the raccoons. So CG8 better be prepared.

Did you purchase the Spartan yet? I had one a little while ago and I didn't really care for it. After switching to the GreenWorks 12 Amp Corded 20-Inch Lawn Mower, I will never go back! I hope this helps.

jessicah":2kyn3iuc said:
Did you purchase the Spartan yet? I had one a little while ago and I didn't really care for it. After switching to the GreenWorks 12 Amp Corded 20-Inch Lawn Mower, I will never go back! I hope this helps.

About a year ago, you gave me the worst advice I've ever got:

I had an anniversary coming up, and I asked you what to get. You said go to fredericks of Hollywood and get a red lace neglache. So I did. My wife completely freaked out. Made me sleep in the truck on our anniversary. All I can figure is, that up until that point, all she had ever seen me in was a pair of briefs. Anyway,I'll never listen to a thing you say again.

Latest posts