Squeeze Chute Pricing

Help Support CattleToday:

NewRenoFarmsInKY

Reaction score
Howdy y'all. I know there was a recent thread on squeeze chutes, and I watched it closely. But I want to dial the topic in a bit.

About 3 years in to my ranching adventure and I need a good chute. I have a chute, but it's as old as the hills and is barely better than not having a chute.

After watching the other thread I've decided to bite the bullet and buy either a 7 or 8 thousand series arrowquip. I want/need the vet cage, and figure I'll get the head holder and sternum bar as well.

A guy from a livestock company that will be at the farm machinery show in Louisville was going to get me a "show discount" price if I pick it up there today and never heard back from him. Had my wife stop in the closest dealer while she was on the road today to get a quote from them as well. The mid-level and high level chutes were just over 10k and 12k respectively-and that is supposedly giving me a 5% discount 😳

What prices are y'all seeing out there in similar chutes? It's not that I don't have the money-but it's a bit more (about 2k more per model) that I was expecting. Perhaps I just had my pricing expectations too low. With 50 cows, it's tough to make that pencil even expecting it to last me the rest of my life.

Or, if there's a dealer anybody has had dealings with close to Kentucky y'all could recommend I would appreciate some recommendations.

Thanks

Can't help you on the prices but if they are like everything else the prices are going up daily.

Got a quote late last week on a 24' stock trailer, called yesterday to make the deal only to find out the prices went up 8% over the weekend...

Howdy y'all. I know there was a recent thread on squeeze chutes, and I watched it closely. But I want to dial the topic in a bit.

About 3 years in to my ranching adventure and I need a good chute. I have a chute, but it's as old as the hills and is barely better than not having a chute.

After watching the other thread I've decided to bite the bullet and buy either a 7 or 8 thousand series arrowquip. I want/need the vet cage, and figure I'll get the head holder and sternum bar as well.

A guy from a livestock company that will be at the farm machinery show in Louisville was going to get me a "show discount" price if I pick it up there today and never heard back from him. Had my wife stop in the closest dealer while she was on the road today to get a quote from them as well. The mid-level and high level chutes were just over 10k and 12k respectively-and that is supposedly giving me a 5% discount 😳

What prices are y'all seeing out there in similar chutes? It's not that I don't have the money-but it's a bit more (about 2k more per model) that I was expecting. Perhaps I just had my pricing expectations too low. With 50 cows, it's tough to make that pencil even expecting it to last me the rest of my life.

Or, if there's a dealer anybody has had dealings with close to Kentucky y'all could recommend I would appreciate some recommendations.

Thanks
7400 8400 From this there that expensive.

Can't help you on the prices but if they are like everything else the prices are going up daily.

Got a quote late last week on a 24' stock trailer, called yesterday to make the deal only to find out the prices went up 8% over the weekend...
I hate to pull the trigger at these prices, but I can't say I expect them to come down. Bought some hay equipment last year figuring it would be much higher this year-in hindsight that was a smart move.

I'm off to our Farmfest this June to try and do a deal on a squeeze crush, Arrowquip will be there but a lot of other good brands as well to compare with. I am expecting the prices to have climbed considerably but l just want to have something that works well to see me out. What I have now works OK, I built it myself just to start me off and I admit it has exceeded by expectations but I would just like something now with all the bells and whistles and SAFE. The old one won't be wasted, it will find a home in my dry cow paddock next door, will be very handy there.

Ken

I'm looking for a crowd tub. One of the feed companies I work with us an Arrow Quip dealer. When I talked to them last week, they said they haven't seen a price increase since the first of the year. Their hoping prices are going to plato.

I spoke with my rep at the COOP a few days back and he said the ArrowEquip is about the price you were quoted. Reason we got on the subject was because I said I couldn't believe how much they have gone up in price since I bought my last one (own two of them). My first one from them was like $7500 and the last one I bought almost three years ago was $8500ish. Crazy how much everything has gone up in price.

Rebuilt our main working area this past fall and upgraded the squeeze chute. I wanted the arrowquip too, but "settled" for a preifert SO4. I've run several hundred head thru it so far and have been very pleased. I think it was worth the $3-4k that I saved not going with arrowquip.

I haven't priced a chute for a while. I bought a new Powder River XL for 5K and change but I guess that was 8 years ago (time flies when you are having fun). One of the neighbors bought a Silencer last summer. It cost $20,000. But he runs a whole lot more cows than you do.

We bought the Arrowquip 86 series with the head catch, and two easy flow alley's about six years ago; we paid about $11,000 them. We are very pleased with it.

One of the local guys quoted me right at $9k last month for a decked out For-Most 450 with the 30TW headgate, portable model. I have the same setup in my barn without the palp cage and wheels that I bought new in 2005, cost me $4500.
Last year I got a quote for a For-most 450. Not portable ( that was a $1,500 option I could ad later). Already have a brand new 25A headgate leaning against the machine shed wall.
So the quote was for the 450 chute, palp cage, and brisket bar. $5,100.

We have a For-most 375 portable with a 30T headgate, and palp cage. We bought it 13 years ago and gave $6,500. It's had thousands of hd through it.

I'm going to say try it out before you buy it. We have an Arrowquip dealer in town, and a lot of guys bought them, fast forward 3 years and I'm seeing a lot of them for sale on Craigslist. I personally find it hard to work the head gate.

I haven't looked in awhile but have u looked into reel tuff equipment? I was shopping for them awhile back then remembered I like struggling so never bought a squeeze. I remember they were a really good price tho. This was at the time I assume like anything else

I haven't looked in awhile but have u looked into reel tuff equipment? I was shopping for them awhile back then remembered I like struggling so never bought a squeeze. I remember they were a really good price tho. This was at the time I assume like anything else
We bought a squeeze almost identical to the tuff squeeze except it was the Chinese made version for nearly half the the price. We've sure liked it.

Also a person needs to remember what do u need in a squeeze vs what do I want. As the price difference can be quite a bit. For running 50 head you might not need a 12 000 dollar squeeze as nice as it would be.

I was told that the Real Tuff and Sioux Steel are basically the same chute. We looked at the Sioux Steel, I just didn't like how it operated. It seemed to be a well built chute. Once you buy a chute you are committed to it. Buy the best chute you can afford.

One of the local guys quoted me right at $9k last month for a decked out For-Most 450 with the 30TW headgate, portable model. I have the same setup in my barn without the palp cage and wheels that I bought new in 2005, cost me $4500.

Thanks

I've had good luck with Powder River, but I'm cheap and won't pay for high quality that costs $1000 extra to get $100 in more utility. They've got one (2000 series?) advertised online for $7295 delivered.

I've had good luck with Powder River, but I'm cheap and won't pay for high quality that costs $1000 extra to get $100 in more utility. They've got one (2000 series?) advertised online for $7295 delivered.
I appreciate the endorsement of PR. I haven't pulled the trigger yet - really torn. With current inflation i feel like whatever i get needs to be gotten asap or I won't be able to afford anything 🤪

I'm cheap too. Some of the prices above make me wonder what I'm missing.

This whole setup was $6,600 in January 2020. It's not a big name brand, but it's built right and from heavy gauge. I can't imagine needing anything more.

The squeeze by itself was $1,900 a year ago. As a package it was $6,600; squeeze, sweep, alley and pen.

32EA34C8-06E6-43F5-A728-7392A76F9769.jpeg

Latest posts