Suggestions

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":2aj45nnr said:
bbirder":2aj45nnr said:
Scalia said it last week.
There is no room for your son because affirmative action has moved them to the top even if they cannot handle the courses.

I'm not sure exactly what he said or the context of how he said it, only heard a glint of it. What I do know is affirmative action is wrong and goes against the very essence of equality. For someone to be given extra points or preferential treatment due to the color of their skin or their gender or nationality is just wrong for isn't that the same as saying they are not equal? That they are somehow inferior? That they somehow are beneath a young man who happens to be white?

If I told someone they could have a head start in a footrace because they were black or a female, everyone and their brother would call me a racist or a male chauvinist but isn't that exactly what we are saying when we give extra points and lowering the standards for certain people? Just makes no sense to me but like I say my son will do fine its just he's going to have to work harder to get what he wants because the game is rigged against him in many ways. Even tiny ways like using the zerox machine. He has to pay while the minority students don't. Someone want to talk about white male privilege?

What's even sadder is 30% of the minorities in his first year class failed BUT they would not fail them - this wouldn't be PC. Instead they put them through the system again. Re-processed them so to speak. Just think about this for a minute and consider how many potentially deserving students were denied admission because these people were "reprocessed" and again the number who were further denied due to the new minorities they accepted due to this nonsense. Makes absolutely no sense to me. Same people calling Scalia a racist would surely call me a racist for sharing this opinion but I don't consider he nor I racist because I'm not. I don't care what color, nationality, gender, cross-gender, sexual orientation a person is as long as he is the best. I don't want someone cutting on me or my loved one's just because they are considered a minority. Its madness.

Shyt, while I'm on my tirade, why don't we just apply this every child a winner mentality to the presidential race and let all the candidates become president? They all win! With all of them in office maybe nothing will get done and the country will probably be the better for it.

Sorry for the rant but I had to vent.

Outstanding post! The argument to your post would come something like this, ' they all have to pass a medical exam/board to be certified. Consequently, one is just as good as another, presuming they passed the board examination.' The reality is, the board exam is the MINIMUM criteria needed to be considered a competent physician, surgeon,etc... what we have done in many cases, is paved the way for some people that meeting the minimums is a real struggle, while some who would have excelled far above the minimums, never got the opportunity because their skin wasn't the appropriate color or they had a Y chromosome. This country flourished because of competition, now we seem to portray competition as evil or backward. I want the best rising to the top, regardless of color, or sex.

Does all this mean I should refuse my senior discount at Whatburger and not let any of the young folks open a door for me any more?

greybeard":3u8uvvsz said:
Does all this mean I should refuse my senior discount at Whatburger and not let any of the young folks open a door for me any more?

Yes, if that's what you want to do. You've earned that right.
I always thought that the colored doctors were subpar, in competency and bedside manner. If I have a say, no woman or colored doctor will ever work on me.

ram":3ksp9a4i said:
greybeard":3ksp9a4i said:

I always thought that the colored doctors were subpar, in competency and bedside manner. If I have a say, no woman or colored doctor will ever work on me.

Having just (Sept 27) had quadruple heart bypass surgery, and spent 8 days in hospital, I cannot agree. I had wonderful doctors, (mostly female and Asian), and even better nurses of all colors, races, and gender.
I begin my physical therapy today (be there at 10am) signed up 2 days ago and immediately bumped heads with the white woman that runs that place and thinks she's going to run my life and tell me what to eat and when to eat it. So far, the worst that has happened is I called her a moron and "a female Euell Gibbons but Ol Euell had you beat on looks".....we'll see how it today goes.

greybeard":sjbdebud said:
ram":sjbdebud said:
greybeard":sjbdebud said:

Having just (Sept 27) had quadruple heart bypass surgery, and spent 8 days in hospital, I cannot agree. I had wonderful doctors, (mostly female and Asian), and even better nurses of all colors, races, and gender.
I begin my physical therapy today (be there at 10am) signed up 2 days ago and immediately bumped heads with the white woman that runs that place and thinks she's going to run my life and tell me what to eat and when to eat it. So far, the worst that has happened is I called her a moron and "a female Euell Gibbons but Ol Euell had you beat on looks".....we'll see how it today goes.

I have to agree with you GB on this. I have had great Doctors of all color and gender. Some of my best were women, but my blood boils like JO when affirmative action is mentioned. And now they want to destroy History by removing statutes of Confederate generals.
AND, I realize this is still a free country, but how can you even consider Whataburger after your surgery. :hide: :lol2:

The best cardiologist I've dealt with happens to be black. The worst is an american of asian decent. He's a good enough doc, just no bedside manner what so ever.

Jogeephus":3ldba0mc said:
If I told someone they could have a head start in a footrace because they were black...

Sorry Jo, I was with you right up until I read this sentence, then I started to question your credibility. :p

ChrisB":3vnr0znb said:
Jogeephus":3vnr0znb said:
If I told someone they could have a head start in a footrace because they were black...

Sorry Jo, I was with you right up until I read this sentence, then I started to question your credibility. :p

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: There you go stereotyping people! If I were a liberal I'd find your remark offensive. (Would you have stayed with me had I used swimming rather than running?)

I know some brilliant minority types and I personally think affirmative action is insulting to them because it takes credit away from their achievements. As long as we have affirmative action in place I think it is reasonable for someone to question how a minority got in the position they are in. Did they earn it or was the position just handed to them? If I were a minority I would find this offensive and for the powers that be to offer me extra points because of my minority status would be down right insulting to me.

Its funny how much mess the government can cause when they do not follow the constitution to the letter. Seems history would have taught us something by now.

A colored woman doctor with a terrorist name almost killed my Dad. And a white woman doctor saved his bacon though. And a doctor that looked like a terrorist cut my Mom to pieces for no reason, besides $money. He said he her lymph nodes were cancerous and needed to come out ASAP. Then he found some more stuff, so she went to the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville, and they found no traces of cancer.
I'm glad it worked out for y'all but I'll stick to my original thinking.

bbirder":29pvdgpu said:
Jo,
The ones that acquired their position by affirmative action are proud of the fact. They are quick to tell you that " I be proud of my edukation"

:lol2: :lol2: Or edumakaction. Its like when you have to call the dept of labor or something and you get "that girl" you know was hired to kill two birds with one stone.

Latest posts