TJLA heifer awards banquet

Help Support CattleToday:

AngusSenorita

Reaction score
I recived an invitation to the TJLA heifer awards banquet today, it is in Houston on the day of heifer check in

I am wondering what goes on at a thing like this

They have food and then they hand out awards. Unless your going to get an award, it ain't worth going.

I say the same thing, if your not getting a award don't go. I don't run points but I wen't with some friends lets just say the lines are long to get something to eat and if your not getting a award its really drawed out.

I say Go! See for yourself how close the kids that participate are, and how much fun they have. Our girls ran the OCCA shows in Oklahoma for a few years, and really enjoyed the banquets even when they weren't receiving an award. The OCCA, and the Junior National shows were their main motivators to excell with their cattle. But the biggest benefit was the real, personal relationships that developed among those kids who really got involved.

I'm sure the TJLA is like anything else. You get out of it, only as much as you put into it. Jump In!!!

I guess yall okies are different because in Texas they are boring. I get awards an dont go and they send me my jacket and buckel. That small shipping charge is a lot better than sitting in a room for six hours to get it.

sounds lame, I think I would rather wait in line to check in my heifer than do that, don't think I could get trasportation from reliant park to where ever it is located

Get on the tram, it is in the Astrodome.

It's a long and drawn out occasion. We just stay until my son gets his awards and then go.

mom

Latest posts