Toilet Paper Shortage..........

Help Support CattleToday:

Bear and a rabbit sitting side by side in the woods taking a dump, bear looks at rabbit and says you ever have a problem with crap sticking to your fur? Rabbit says no never, bear picks him up and wipe his butt with him.

People have went crazy here too. You can hardly find a can it of Lysol. It reminds me of when a snow is in the forecast and everybody rushes to the grocery for milk and bread.

Go to a nearby well known town of a sizable population for groceries every few weeks. Costco's meat case today was all but stripped bare and people were lined up 4 carts deep in lengthy lines jostling aggressively to get TP. Even more startling were numerous empty shelves throughout a large regional grocery chain & a 45 minute wait to reach check out. If this is the tip of the iceberg we're in for a rude awakening.

Good deal on TP online. Better hurry while it lasts....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Angel-soft-toilet-paper/153863654300?hash=item23d2fd0b9c:g:2qYAAOSwxD1ea-Tv

Toilet bodae is what we need, they are $290 up, I did not know what a bodae was till I watched Crocodile Dundee. I think next time I replace my toilet I will get one. :cboy:

jltrent said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Angel-soft-toilet-paper/153863654300?hash=item23d2fd0b9c:g:2qYAAOSwxD1ea-Tv

Did you see that is for 4 squares?

89850899_2963340673703916_2963820492743507968_o.jpg

tom4018 said:
jltrent said:

Done sold out and closed the auction...

jltrent said:
tom4018 said:
jltrent said:

Just someone making a buck. As was very misleading as it stated unopened retail package but then below it said 4 squares.

tom4018 said:
jltrent said:
tom4018 said:
Just someone making a buck. As was very misleading as it stated unopened retail package but then below it said 4 squares.

They would have never sold the TP if not for the hysteria.. Reminds me of the 22LR ammo a few years ago.

I had a dr appt on Thursday and removed all the stitches in the ankle replacement incisions. Am up to 100 lbs pressure on ankle, full weight next week and then without crutches, all in the walking boot. So I made a trip to Walmart on Friday, to restock some of the food I have been eating while "semi-confined" with the healing of the ankle replacement surgery. It was a mad house and people were really stocking up. I also realized it was friday so many do their shopping on their way home and probably a payday for many. But I have never seen so many bare shelves, or shelves with just small amounts of stuff scattered.
Soup was in short supply for almost all brands kinds. Bottled water was very limited. Toilet paper and paper towels and stuff like that were all very limited. I did get some soup, graham crackers and some others, cereal that I was out of. Some shrimp and seafood that I can cook as I don't have much of that in the freezers. A few packages of frozen vegs that I don't have. But I have all kinds of whole chickens in the freezer, beef, and things like bologna and hot dogs and stuff left. Didn't have a garden last year so not near as much in the frozen vegs that I normally have but there is still some left from the over abundance the year before.
Chickens are laying some eggs, and there is bacon and some sausage still in the freezer too.
I have 80 pts of applesauce that were canned 3 years ago as well as other canned vegs and some fruits like peaches. I always have kept a 6 month supply of toilet paper simply because I will buy in bulk when it is on sale and keep the one shelf in the bathroom closet full. So I didn't even bother with that. I don't use hardly any paper towels so didn't worry about that either. I have some cleaning supplies, but I am not a clean freak, so didn't panic over that.

I do need to go do laundry that I have accumulated since the surgery. Luckily I have plenty of clothes and normally only do laundry once a month or so. Remember, there is only me in the house so not like I have kids and a husband that creates lots of dirty laundry. Will try to get there in another week. I didn't go out for nearly a month so not much got dirty except underwear and t-shirts and a couple of pairs of sweat pants and a pair of jeans that I took the side seam out of to fit over the cast and then walking boot. Now that the stitches are out, I can put the pant leg inside the walking boot overtop of the sock and not have to worry about tearing anything.
But when you can't get out with the cows because of not compromising the ankle, and I can't walk alot of places with the crutches, how dirty can you get? I will go back to doing some milk testing. My son and a friend helped do the 500+ cow herd last week, and my son helped do a 200 cow herd this week. So I will once again be getting into the parlors in a limited way and will once again be getting dirty from the cows somewhat. I can only take so much of the ankle/leg being down then it will swell some which is to be expected so I am trying to do exactly what they say so it will heal and all properly. I have no intentions of having to redo this because I did things I wasn't supposed to.
We did go to the stockyard sale in Roanoke/Hollins last Monday but I didn't go to Staunton on Friday. Doubt I will go to Harrisonburg today either unless he is going as I really am having trouble with the clutch on the truck with the boot and don't want to have an accident. Car is automatic but engine not back in it yet.

The visit to have the stitches out went good and x-rays show the replacement is "perfect" as the Physicians Asst. said. That was very good to hear. I go back in another 4 weeks, and should be able to do without the boot after that if all still looks good. I can finally take a shower without having to keep the ankle dry, no more taping up a bag, so that is really a big thing. No physical therapy yet, said I can bend the ankle and anything naturally, but am not to try to push it against anything or make it bend. It is still quite numb and tingley on the top of the foot and swollen, but they said it looks good and all that is normal. So I am on the way. Guess it is not such a bad thing to be staying somewhat confined with all this corona virus panic.

We were in Walmart earlier in the week and sure enough no toilet paper. They were stocking other items that looked low. Today we made a grocery run to Kroger's, never seen anything like it. The fruit and vegetable section was about picked clean no bananas, no potatoes or onions, no apples. They had plenty of oranges and I got kiwis in place of bananas. Blueberries were in short supply too. Somebody told my wife they had they had even sold out of canned potatoes. Surprisingly they had milk.

Ky hills said:
We were in Walmart earlier in the week and sure enough no toilet paper. They were stocking other items that looked low. Today we made a grocery run to Kroger's, never seen anything like it. The fruit and vegetable section was about picked clean no bananas, no potatoes or onions, no apples. They had plenty of oranges and I got kiwis in place of bananas. Blueberries were in short supply too. Somebody told my wife they had they had even sold out of canned potatoes. Surprisingly they had milk.

Fear has no reason or logic.
It's like watching sheep or goats.

We were talking about this last week or so.... I didn't realize it was going to get this nuts this fast. 😔😥
It sounds like alot of ya'll are set up just in case. Thats good.

Latest posts