Town this Morning. (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of our little town. Took them this morning, it was foggy as you can see.

The Museum, and Caboose
town3.jpg

Looking out towards the East, you can see the old elevator.
town2.jpg

The caboose, and the elevator
town1.jpg

KNERSIE":3e9r5uh2 said:
what is a caboose?
The last car in a train. It was used for a brakeman and conductor to ride in.(I think) In the middle you'll see it was raised/built higher. The brakeman would ride up there and look for dangers or malfuctions to the train or track. With the men in the back communicating with the locomotive by light signal. With the advent of technology the railroads have dropped the requirement of having the men in the back and no longer pull them. Supplying the world with fine sturdy built cabins, game rooms and bath houses for swimming pools. They were pretty cheap to buy at one time because logistics would cost you an arm and a leg. I toyed with the idea of a buried boxcar as a basement for awhile. Too expensive for me to pursue.

randiliana the little yellow cart is that one of the old hand powered jack carts? What Railroad is this?

dj":1t3guttc said:
randiliana the little yellow cart is that one of the old hand powered jack carts? What Railroad is this?

Yes it is. It is the CPR, Canadian Pacific Railroad. That is our little museum, and that little stretch is the only railway track for miles now. The track used to run behind the museum, until they tore it out about 10 years ago.

Nice pics. Every one in a while some community spares the history.

To many towns simply removed all evidence of the RR era. :(

chrisy":u71imi6x said:
mnmtranching":u71imi6x said:
Nice pics. Every one in a while some community spares the history.

To many towns simply removed all evidence of the RR era. :(
http://www.vintagetrains.co.uk/se.htm

do you not have any working museums like these, over where you are? they are great fun day out. riding the old Steam Trains.

Yes, there are some. Wife and I took the kids on one in the Black Hills SD. and I hear there's a great one in CO by Silverton. Also a couple up in MT that I got to see. Scenic Railroads. We rode a historic train up the North Shore of Lake Superior here in MN. Very scenic but a diesel.

Latest posts