Truck gun

Help Support CattleToday:

My son who has enough guns and ammo to over throw the government in a Central American country gave me a couple boxes. I have a neighbor who does a lot of reloading. I can get brass, bullets, primers, and powder so I will be asking him if he can reload some for me. I know he has a AR15 so I am pretty sure 223 dies. One thing it is a single shot so I am not going to blow through a lot of ammo like a person could with an AR.

You can pick up a Savage Axis in stainless on sale for a little north of 3 bills. Neighbor has one in 243 it is very accurate. You can get a good cheap truck, mule, etc, gun in the caliber of your taste.

Just picked up a Remington 700 in .243 at Wally World for $249. Couldn't pass it up. They have a Mossberg line out similar to the Axis that looks to be an even nicer gun. May have to give one of them a try here before long.

Guns are sparse here but around. Not many ARs or auto pistols to be had. Ammo is cleaned out in most every caliber again. Between the riots and the election people are stocking up and the supply line has slowed down.

I end up with more guns in the truck than necessary most of the time but with my son we cant just take one. I'm a firm believer in having the right tool for the job.

Karr 9mm
Ruger Blackhawk 357
Colt 22 revolver
Marlin 22 rifle
Winchester model 94 30-30

If its hogs we grab the 30-30 and 357. If we are going to play at a tank, we take the 22s.

Brute 23 said:
I end up with more guns in the truck than necessary most of the time but with my son we cant just take one. I'm a firm believer in having the right tool for the job.

Karr 9mm
Ruger Blackhawk 357
Colt 22 revolver
Marlin 22 rifle
Winchester model 94 30-30

If its hogs we grab the 30-30 and 357. If we are going to play at a tank, we take the 22s.

No doubt about it 30-30 and 357 are hard to beat. The 30-30 is my all time favorite hunting rifle cartridge. I grab another one in this thicket for hogs a Model 92 in 44 mag. Not that is any better than the 30-30 just lighter to tote. It works well with a 240 grain JSP too.

New truck gun but even now that i have a couple boxes of ammo I haven't had time to sight it in. I slept in this morning and was late. So I tore out of here at 6:00. And down at B's pivots there was a coyote. And me with no gun.... :cboy:

Same here, nothing around but empty shelves. The shop owners that I've spoken with say Corona has sold more guns for them than Obama, new stock is not coming in, and people are panic buying because of it. Scarcity sells.

I was in Academy today, they had a small pile of common rifle ammo (308, 30-06, 270, etc.) and some shotgun shells. Not a single round of pistol or AR/AK stuff.

I used to carry a little Savage Bmag 17WSM in the truck. I quit, did not like the abuse that the gun was taking and I didn't want it to get stolen. The few times that I needed it didn't justify carrying it.

I just ordered an upper in 7.62x39. Have a nice little Vortex red dot for it, hoping to make a little brush gun out of it. If I can find something to feed it, of course.

Dave said:
Plenty of ammo available here. Everything but 223, 9mm, and 45. Those are completely sold out.

Same here Dave.
It was never really economical to reload 223 or 9mm for me. I reload 45 ACP and 44. I have no clue how much 243 and 7-08 I have reloaded. Everyone I know just about saves their brass for me in those calibers.

Looked at the local farm/outdoors store Saturday. Our of two rows of shelves 60' long. If you wanted 12ga turkey loads, .270, 25-06, or 350 they had a few boxes. That's pretty much it. Had a sign up that said 1 box of hand gun ammo, two boxes rimfire, and five boxes of center fire or shotgun ammo per customer.

By my math that is about $.06 a round so I think you did pretty good there KT. I would buy it at that if I could find it. Ammo is gone and reloading supplies dwindling fast here. Between the virus and the election it will be awhile so I hope your stocked up. I would like to do some plinking but don't want to waste any ammo.

I was at the store this morning. Their ammo shelf is over 5 feet tall and 20 feet long. I was there a couple weeks ago and 223 was the only thing missing. Today it looked like there was a few boxes of most every thing but it looked picked through. There was just one box of 7x57. I didn't really need another box but it was the only one left. D&B in Baker City is now sold out on 7x57 ammo.

jltrent said:
kenny thomas said:
6 bricks of 325
8 bricks of 222
10 bricks of 100

That much is considered a hoarder.....
I will admit I am a hoarder. I have more than that and I have no intent to sell any of it. When 22 ammo became available after that period of none I would buy a brick every time I went to the store. Then one day I counted it all. At 6,000 rounds I decided that I had enough.

Latest posts