U. S. 2020 budget deficit of 1 trillion with 22 trillion debt

Help Support CattleToday:

Sitting out here waiting on the water tanks to fill and WOW! What a great thread! So rich with information, insights, advice and even a touch of irony! What a gem of a thread. Thanks to all who posted. :clap: :cowboy:

bball said:
Sitting out here waiting on the water tanks to fill and WOW! What a great thread! So rich with information, insights, advice and even a touch of irony! What a gem of a thread. Thanks to all who posted. :clap: :cowboy:
No reason to get excited. It's the customary fashion on CT.
[media]https://youtu.be/NVYb-u9OILA[/media]

ga.prime said:
bball said:
No reason to get excited. It's the customary fashion on CT.
[media]https://youtu.be/NVYb-u9OILA[/media]

And it keeps getting better. Always appreciate any music selection you provide gaprime. That was quite a cover.

[/quote]

Go back and read what the drone cost that was shot done in the post about what should the response be.
$180 million that could be were all of the money goes. Its not like Henry Ford building bombers for WW2 where he contracted for $18,000 per plane and then reduced it to $12,500 and said that he was satisfied with profit at that price. The folks building the fighting machines keep adding on to the cost each time and gets away with it. I have worked in the defense industry and know how it works. Just look at the financial statements of all of the defense contractors and they are making money hand over fist.
[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head... it's greed pure and simple. The US Gov is drained by greed. True story: Boeing holds classes on just how to screw the government with new contracting employees.. and yet China and others are getting leaps and bounds ahead of us bc of greed and no willingness to work with one another

Dixie2542 said:
Go back and read what the drone cost that was shot done in the post about what should the response be.
$180 million that could be were all of the money goes. Its not like Henry Ford building bombers for WW2 where he contracted for $18,000 per plane and then reduced it to $12,500 and said that he was satisfied with profit at that price. The folks building the fighting machines keep adding on to the cost each time and gets away with it. I have worked in the defense industry and know how it works. Just look at the financial statements of all of the defense contractors and they are making money hand over fist.

You hit the nail on the head... it's greed pure and simple. The US Gov is drained by greed. True story: Boeing holds classes on just how to screw the government with new contracting employees.. and yet China and others are getting leaps and bounds ahead of us bc of greed and no willingness to work with one another

The $12,500 aside. What sort of value would you place on the life of a pilot?

And, depending on which assets are used in any given strike, even if there is no on-board pilot, someone somewhere is responsible for either remotely piloting the drone that delivers a missile or pushing the button that launches one (tomahawk) . It does make it less personal than going in and maybe pulling a rifle trigger, but there is still the knowledge that 'you' are the one that just killed 150 people. Asking young people to live with that responsibility is often asking an awful lot.

greybeard said:
And, depending on which assets are used in any given strike, even if there is no on-board pilot, someone somewhere is responsible for either remotely piloting the drone that delivers a missile or pushing the button that launches one (tomahawk) . It does make it less personal than going in and maybe pulling a rifle trigger, but there is still the knowledge that 'you' are the one that just killed 150 people. Asking young people to live with that responsibility is often asking an awful lot.

True and I'm sure it probably has a long lasting effect on the psyche of the man at the control panel but men have been living with that responsibility as long as we've had weapons...….the one worry he doesn't have is being killed by enemy fire.

TexasBred said:
greybeard said:

True and I'm sure it probably has a long lasting effect on the psyche of the man at the control panel but men have been living with that responsibility as long as we've had weapons...….the one worry he doesn't have is being killed by enemy fire.
I'd think there's also something about a "fair fight".. In the trenches, it's kill or be killed, there's an element of survival instinct there... Piloting a drone from 10,000 miles away in a perfectly safe office makes pulling the trigger on a life a bit different I'd think.

"Eye in the Sky" is a pretty good movie about drones in Afghanistan and the moral and emotional aspects of being a drone pilot. Not a bad movie but still just a movie. No idea how accurate it is.

This is probably pretty accurate..and tho a relatively long read, it's real:
https://www.gq.com/story/drone-uav-pilot-assassination

greybeard said:
This is probably pretty accurate..and tho a relatively long read, it's real:
https://www.gq.com/story/drone-uav-pilot-assassination

Sounds just like the movie I mentioned above GB.

[/quote]

The $12,500 aside. What sort of value would you place on the life of a pilot?
[/quote]

I'm sorry I'm just seeing this post.

My answer to your Q is near priceless. A highly skilled and seasoned pilot is hard to come by. The airforce is having a hard time making their grad numbers bc it takes so long to train them...younger people apparently don't see the worth nowadays and just prefer to do something else.

Everyone wants to fix the problem, but no one wants to pay for it.
Our spending problem could be fixed right quick, but no one wants to be the one to take a cut on their share.
"Lets cut spending, just not on what I want to spend it on"-Every politician
President Biden says the 3.5 trillion spending bill is going to cost Nothing.
Nancy Pelosi agreed saying, "It's not about a dollar amount. The dollar amount, as the President said, is zero. This bill will be paid for by progressive tax policies on corporations and the wealthy."

p.s.
2 of the 4 beliefs victims of scams have in common:
1. Authority should not be challenged.
2. Asking too many questions makes a person appear ignorant.

550 billion in new spending for roads, bridges, broadband and other infrastructure priorities. And 3 trillion in new spending for social and environmental programs.
But first we have to kick the can down the road to December, by raising the current debt limit ceiling, so that the government can remain open to December or if a big enough raise until December 2022 and then do it all over again... sigh.
Current borrowing cap is set at 28.4 trillion and raising it needs to be implemented by Oct. 18 or it's been projected it would cause the government to default on 40% of payments due in 2021. Expectations are, some how it will get done by midnight tonight.

Last edited:
You have to wonder how much Democrat destruction America can take. It is amazing this country still stands

President Biden says the 3.5 trillion spending bill is going to cost Nothing.
Nancy Pelosi agreed saying, "It's not about a dollar amount. The dollar amount, as the President said, is zero. This bill will be paid for by progressive tax policies on corporations and the wealthy."

550 billion in new spending for roads, bridges, broadband and other infrastructure priorities. And 3 trillion in new spending for social and environmental programs.
Those statements and those numbers right there are why every American should be furious and should be on the Capital steps this morning. 1/7 of this is for actual improvements to this country and things the federal government is responsible for the rest is pet projects and kickback programs that are complete BS. As far as how they are paying for it a business is like the Govt it has what money it takes in from its supporters. The American people always will get the bill.

Latest posts