Who has been watching...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
or keeping up with the Casey Anthony trial? I don't have to be at work till noon most days and I've been watching it on court tv.

Guilty. Si or no?

LRTX1":oovivjxw said:
I'm an hour and half from there. It's on every channel 24hrs a day it seems. I think shes guilty as he'll.
She ain't the only one . I think all of them had something to do with it .

hard not to watch it when its raining like it has been here. like said, its on every channel, nothin else on til court adjourns. shes guilty as heck, defense is a joke, prosecution proved a circumstanial case, burt theres no hard evidence. shell get 1st degree murder, but not get the death penalty. i had a bunch of people call yesterday after the kid got busted for flippin ashton off. kid has the same last name as i do. no hes not family. cindy anthony is gonna be in big trouble for perjury when this is all said and done too i believe. the whole family is a train wreck

The whole family lies, how can you believe one from the other. God bless that little girl.

I have no idea what you are talking about. The news over here is about the Hendra disease that horses get from fruit bats that can then be passed to human beings and kill them too.

One case at the beginning of the week at Kerry which is within an hour of us. One notified today at Mt Alford which is probably only half an hour from us.

The government used to cull the fruit bats. Now the greenies have stopped that. They are moving into areas they have never been in before. They are nesting in trees they didn't use to nest in before and if we say anything against the bats we are told we are uneducated.

The entire family has been destroyed. I cannot get past the pictures of her activities during the 31 days after her baby was dead....having such fun. She is a POS and has tainted everyone she has come into contact with. BUT I bet she gets off, just like OJ. The tax payers lawyers have done a good job to plant doubt in the jury's minds.

Casey did it, or at least she wanted to do it. It seems the whole family should be on trial as a unit. In a way this could be seen as a mercy killing. Now the child doesn't have to grow up with this disfunctional group of people. Murder is murder, however and I would favor a sentence which keeps Casey away until she is well past child bearing age.

Wathcing that crap or even paying much attention to it if you aren;t one of those directly involved is like stopping to spectate at a car wreck

She was found not guilty of murder, found guilty of 4 counts of lying-could spend a year in jail for each count, my bet is she walks on Thursday at the sentencing, as she has served 3 years already, waiting for trial. I think she is responsible for her daughters death, but i think it was probably an accident, maybe she gave her a drug to keep her quiet so she could go out and party, and overdosed her, and she died. Then she panicked as to what to do. Normal people would call 911-but I imagine she feared she would go to jail so she covered it up. As they could not say how the girl died, they couldn't convict anyone of killing her either, I think the jury found her not guilty because the defense could not prove she did it, and left reasonable doubt-

Is it fair, not sure, she is the Mom, she is responsible for the welfare of her daughter no matter what-

Whole thing was overdone in the media, and there are still more questions than answers.

GMN

I have watched a few videos of the case and am wondering how they came up with that verdict, if she did drug the child then surely that is at least manslaughter, she seemed to show no remorse for the loss of the little girl, there were a lot of doughts and questions unanswered. Is three years enough for all the lies and lies usually means there is something behind it, or else why lie.

dun":1eerts49 said:
Wathcing that crap or even paying much attention to it if you aren;t one of those directly involved is like stopping to spectate at a car wreck

Yup. I'm glad Illinois doesn't allow cameras in the courtroom. Trials, especially those involving a capital offense, are serious business. They shouldn't be used to entertain the masses and those involved should be concentrating on the business at hand, not preening for the cameras.

And she walked away clean of murder. Makes ya wonder what those 12 people were thinking.
But she still has her final judgement coming in the end and he will get it right.

Cal

Calman":t42nnkmk said:
And she walked away clean of murder. Makes ya wonder what those 12 people were thinking.
But she still has her final judgement coming in the end and he will get it right.

Cal

They were thinking they couldn't convict her on the evidence or lack of that the defense presented, they had a job to distinguish fact from fiction-they were picked by the lawyers, and no fault of their own, got the job of being jurors on this trial. I have to admit, I'm confused as to why she was not charged with child endangerment or neglect, but maybe that was not one of the charges against her. They just can't go with their gut feelings, its why people get trials, to be found guilty or innocent on the charges against them. I think this whole thing was kind of sick-sick that people waited in line to get tickets for a murder trial, sick that the victim was pretty much forgotten, sick that the defense focused so much on the Mothers behavior and did not have more solid proof, there was too much reasonable doubt, is why the jurors had to do what they did. Now they have death threats against them, and no one wants to come forward-its not their faults-whole thing just seems backwards

I read that the Grandparents are getting death threats now as well-now does that make any sense?

If I'm correct they can't try here for manslaughter because they already tried her for it (double Jeopardy). That was stupid. Evidence could emerge were they could get her for manslaughter but not now. The DA screwed this case up big time.

circlew":3o16i8fk said:
If I'm correct they can't try here for manslaughter because they already tried her for it (double Jeopardy). That was stupid. Evidence could emerge were they could get her for manslaughter but not now. The DA screwed this case up big time.
Oh! I see it used to be like that here, but they have just passed a bill that if new evidence is found they can retry a case if it is manslaughter or murder. Which I feel is a very good idea, so there is vertually noway of getting away with murder, on technicalities.

Latest posts