Who wanted JLTrent's 7.3L?

Help Support CattleToday:

I think JLTrent's is a Super Duty- 2001 or 2002 model maybe, but that is a nice truck too. That body style has always been one of my favorites. There's a guy here in town that has a 96 SRW F-350 that is a cream puff. He keeps it in his shed under a cover most of the time. People hit him up all the time wanting to buy it off him. Folks like him and JLTrent know what they have and are holding on to them.

Nice truck above just a little older than mine. I think the spark plug issue with the 5.4 was around 2003 and before as Kenny's is a 2005 from what I can find. His truck is low mileage at around 70,000 if I remember correctly but might be a good ideal to change the plugs soon if they have not been.

The 2 valve 5.4s are bad for blowing them out. Only 4 threads in contact when seated all the way. Cal-Van kit fixes this.

The 3 valve has its own issues. There can be SP problems. Torque them right and you'll be good. Definitely anti-seize.

With fuel and parts/maintenance prices, I'm liking gas more and more.

Nice looking truck, but I'd like to see pictures of it before it was painted.

I'm not a fan of that E4OD transmission either, both of the ones I've owned have given a fair amount of trouble.

Mine went 230k on first one and it was the torque converter that blew up and caused a rebuild. They need another gear between 3rd and 4th.
I got 160k out of my 97 before the same thing happened, and I swapped in a ZF5.

The 4R100 (basically the same trans with different designation) in my 99 skips 3rd on the way up, but will allow you to come down to it from 4th. Also likes to take off in 2nd when it takes the notion. I ohmed out the solenoid pack a year or so ago and it was within spec, but need to toss another one in there to see if that helps any. It's the wife's farm truck, and she has forbidden me from putting a ZF6 in it.

That is a sweet ass ride. Unfortunately I can't afford the divorce and the truck!

In all seriousness if I needed a truck I wouldn't bat an eye at it. Plenty of classic cars sell for more than they were new and that is a way better buy at $40k than a new one is at $90k. Bet it sells in no time.

That is a sweet ass ride. Unfortunately I can't afford the divorce and the truck!

In all seriousness if I needed a truck I wouldn't bat an eye at it. Plenty of classic cars sell for more than they were new and that is a way better buy at $40k than a new one is at $90k. Bet it sells in no time.
But its a Ford.

Latest posts