Why is my computer doing this??

Help Support CattleToday:

Nowland Farms

Reaction score
Whenever I use my laptop to access the CattleToday website I'm having a problem that I do not have with any other PC. Nor do I have the problem with any other websites.

Here is the problem -

As I am using my laptop on the CattleToday website, I select one of the boards, lets say the "Coffee Shop", I then select one of the topic and scroll down the post. When I get ready to go back to the list of topics in the Coffee Shop, I place the mouse over the Back Icon at the top of my screen in the toolbar. When I left click the back button, the black and green CT (CattleToday) icon it does not do anything. When I click on it the 2nd time, it spins a second or tow and then stops. When I click the icon the 3rd time it spins a second or two and then will go back. This happens everythime I want to go back.

What's going on?

I have begun to scroll to the top of the screen and hit the "Q&A Index" button but this takes me out to the list of the boards. Then I have to scroll down to the board I want and then go back in.

I have tried logging off, deleting my bookmark of favorites. Googled CattleToday, accessed the website, logged on and the problem still happened.

As I said before, I do not have this problem when I use any other computer or laptop. It only happens on this laptop when accessing CattleToday.

Nowland Farms":uwt04hb4 said:
Miss Daisy,

Been there and done that. It didn't help.

I think it has something to do with a pop up blocker. You use one?

Funny you should ask. Mine just started doing that on another site a few days ago. But it only takes 2 clicks-it just ignores the first click, and then does its thing on the second.

Beats me.

What browser are you using? Positive it only does it for this site? (sounds like dirt in button/mouse/keyboard)

You can also try hitting your backspace key on the keyboard to go back pages. Does that work?

Also instead of clicking on "Q&A Index" click on the board name just to the right of that, for instance "Every Thing Else Board" - this has a side benefit of unmarking already read topics.

Did you delete cache?

Hippie Rancher":2xljfxvg said:
What browser are you using? IE 7.0

Positive it only does it for this site? (sounds like dirt in button/mouse/keyboard)I am postive it only does it on the CattleToday website. It does not do this on any other website

You can also try hitting your backspace key on the keyboard to go back pages. Does that work?When I hit the backspace key it does the same thing as hitting the back icon. You have to hit the backspace key 3 times for it to go back

Also instead of clicking on "Q&A Index" click on the board name just to the right of that, for instance "Every Thing Else Board" - this has a side benefit of unmarking already read topics.This does work, Thanks

Did you delete cache?I'm trying to figure out how to do this. I am running Norton Systemworks and Norton Internet Security. Both are up-to-date.

Get rid of Norton - I will have more on this later. Norton SUCKS. I will be doing a post with alternatives that are free and work MUCH better.

Cache is "files" in Internet Explorer (tools>internet options>general tab> delete files - and cookies and history), sorry - I use Firefox and that is what they call it.

You can also do regular maintenance (clean disc and defrag) but I will post a link to a better program than microshaft provides.

norton and macaffee both are cpu hogs and give little bang for the buck.
I like avg free and adware personal free
they keep my computer clean
as well,
I will occasionally go to the bit defender site or panda software and do an online scan for real time virus and spyware dectection.
clean the fans on the computer a well

Jim62":2epfq6o6 said:
Funny you should ask. Mine just started doing that on another site a few days ago. But it only takes 2 clicks-it just ignores the first click, and then does its thing on the second.

Beats me.
Mine does that, but only at home and only on ranchers.net site. How odd.

I would suggest downloading Firefox and using it as your browser instead of IE. I use it and really like it a lot better then IE. Less hassle, easier to use (for me) and more secure. You can download a free version of Windows Washer to clean up your IE tracks and traces if you want to try that also.

Sid, I've downloaded Firefox, but I've never really used it. You like it better than IE, huh? Is it pretty user friendly?

Alice

CKC1586":ugy7wmmq said:
Firefox is great, you will like it. I use it as my main browser just have the microsoft thingy for the MSN things that are picky.

Hmmmm, well, no time like the present...guess I'll start getting into it...thanks.

Alice

Have you run the disk cleanup utility? to get to it to to start-> all programs -> accessories -> system tools. That is also where your defrag is.

I agree with earlier statements about Norton. Its horrible. Do you use the google toolbar? That is also a problem. I use bitdefender as my antivirus program. works great on my laptop.

cowgirl580":1oy81ny1 said:
Have you run the disk cleanup utility? to get to it to to start-> all programs -> accessories -> system tools. That is also where your defrag is.

I agree with earlier statements about Norton. Its horrible.

Do you use the google toolbar? That is also a problem.

What problem does it cause?

I use bitdefender as my antivirus program. works great on my laptop.

Latest posts