Do not buy a Gatormade trailer !

Help Support CattleToday:

BobbyLummus1

Reaction score
I bought a 2016 10 ton 25' gooseneck trailer direct from Gatormade trailers several weeks ago . I am not the type to complain but this trailer has been a complete headache and they have done me wrong. Trailer totaled $8100 delivered to NC . Could of went with any trailer company for that money. Gonna keep it short but they will not stand by the trailer . Cannot get anybody on the phone , warranty process points the finger to the axle company . Then they say its a gatormade problem . I am in the middle of this ( hours on hold and countless calls ) for a week before a part is even shipped . Two weeks later I'm getting my trailer back and the trailer repair shop says they would only cover 1/2 hour labor so I'm responsible for 2 hours labor .

My advice for anyone in the market for a trailer is to go with your local trailer manufacturer . This trailer has less than 1000 miles ( 600 delivered ) . I am not here to complain about the little things I noticed , like the powder coat is already stripping off in long flakes . There wiring is exposed with buss connectors . Everywhere you look "made in china"

Hopefully this will help someone , I done calling that crowd , I will pay the disputed labor before I call again tell my story to get put on hold and have nothing done about it !

images

Gatormade Trailers manufacturing headquarters in conveniently located in Somerset, Kentucky. This location allows easy access to both Southern and Northern dealer operations. This location is a fully stocking Gator Trailer operation. This facility offers a very large/broad array of trailers for both dealer and retail buyers. This location stocks every gator trailer that we offer. This location provides: gooseneck trailers, pintle trailers, equipment trailers, car trailers, utility trailers, dump trailers, enclosed trailers, tow dollies, and trailer parts.

Don't buy Haulrite trailers either!.. I had every one of the same problems you did and then some... It was totally rusted by the time I got it home, wiring was all that clip-together crap with no tape or anything around it, tail lights were such crappy plastic they fell off in short order, stake pockets were in different spots on one side of the trailer than the other, AXLE HANGERS were too close together, so you couldn't fit your hand between the front and rear... I'm sure I'm forgetting something here, but you get the point.. it sure isn't what I ordered. Mine was a 20' bumper pull 14k

Best I've ever seen or heard about is a trailer built by Swartz manufacturing in montezuma, GA. Built one by one in a fairly small "shop" by a local Mennonite farmer. Highest quality I've ever seen. Built very heavy duty. A 25' dual tandem is all a 3/4 ton wants when it's loaded. Worth the drive for most people I guarantee it.

Best I've seen around here came from Saskatchewan.. the whole front of the trailer was seriously rubberized and the paint was excellent, wiring looked great as well.. I can't remember the brand though.. It wasn't cheap, but you got the extra money's worth.. I think I paid $4000 for mine, (20'), and this 16' was about $5500, but the fir and finish of everything was perfect.. definitely not slapped together.

I like the looks of the bad boy , torque tube too . I'm in the equipment business and everybody thats seen this trailer likes it . I will be sure to let hem know how they did me wrong

The Gatormade's always looked cheap to me, way too many decals and lighting.

I can't say enough good things about Moritz Intl trailers. I bought a new dual tandem flatbed 10 years or so ago, and after 2 years we damaged the frame. The warranty period was 1 year, and I called to see if they could fix the trailer for me. They said sure, and had the trailer picked up at my place by a delivery driver. They took it back to OH, fixed the frame and added a torque tube at my request. Delivered it back to me, and refused to take a dime. They've got a customer for life.

Have had several pm's about this , gatormade has yet to call me back like I requested but they did send a email yesterday saying they were looking into this. . . I will keep this tread updated . Thanks Bobby

The trailer I liked that I spoke of is a Precision trailer.. 204 area code.. either saskatchewan or manitoba.. it looks brand new and it's 3 years old, unlike mine that looked 3 years old by the time I got it home

I'm just curious. If your in the Equiptment business how come you couldn't see these short comings before you bought this trailer? What motivated you to by it in the first place?

I'm not in the trailer business , I have a 5 ton gooseneck Hudson thats been a great trailer ( bought new in 99) Been a A+ in every way . Just needed a 10 ton . I did my homework I thought . It came down to Hudson, PJ, Gatormade or Big Tex . I chose the Gatormade because they were the only one that offered a 10 ton with single wheels . I didn't want a dual tandem

TennesseeTuxedo":3rl415od said:
I had a Big Tex trailer once. It was a very good trailer. Sorry I sold it.
I have a big Tex, it's about 4 years old. I don't like it at all. I think big Tex is making two kinds of trailers and I got the cheap one.
It's 20' deck, 5' dove tail low profile spread axle tandem wheel 10 ton.
Lights, paint, wiring are junk. 21,500 makes the bed rub the tire.
Yeah, I know it's rated 20,000 but I've never had another trailer that only hauls it's rating.
And regardless of that the other stuff on it are junk.
Tires were supposed to be real good and they were junk too.

Latest posts