Trailer Floor

Help Support CattleToday:

Anyone done the rubber floors ? I like the looks of the cleated material
The back section where they load has rubber cleats and they're wonderful. We had the rubber mats in the trailer that got destroyed in the tornado and put them in the middle & front sections. That was our mistake. Even when we did clean it out, those mats are so dang heavy that all the moisture collects underneath because our livestock trailers are kept outside.

The back section where they load has rubber cleats and they're wonderful. We had the rubber mats in the trailer that got destroyed in the tornado and put them in the middle & front sections. That was our mistake. Even when we did clean it out, those mats are so dang heavy that all the moisture collects underneath because our livestock trailers are kept outside.
I talked to a rep for the rubber flooring today . 6 in x2 in x 6 ft is $53 a board

I have rumbler floors and I don't think I would ever own another trailer without them. Its a no worry option. Well with Big Bend trailers its not really a option. They have a lot of standard items that are options on other trailers. I guess its all about the same. You buy a decent trailer and add options or you buy a good trailer where most of what you want is included.

Little update on our trailer. Got it back earlier this week and they replaced quite a few boards, treated the rest of the wood (obviously not the cleats) with diesel. $350 including all the wood & labor. Pretty reasonable IMO.

Went with treated lumber and rubber stall mats from Tractor Supply. Trailer was a work in progress. Rubber boards were going to run 3-4 thousand. I've got about $ 450 .

My trailer is a 16 foot WW goose neck. This will be the second floor since buying the trailer. I told the floor installer to put in a new 5x16 foot bull panel and weld it to the cross braces. If i was going to stay in the cattle business I think I would install the Rumber boards and be done with the wood becoming rotten.

That's what I have in my trailer with 1" spacing in between. Don't have to wash it out but leaves a mess if you stop somewhere.

View attachment 39538
And so it begins 🤠
Had a couple of rotten boards, but most of them in really good shape. Frame is good. It's worth doing just for the peace of mind it will bring.
I have another you can do about the time you finish that one. 😁

It has the original, cheap boards and I cringe a little every time I watch cattle walk on them, especially bulls, which is mainly what I use it for.

Latest posts