Texas... just plain poor hosts?

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred said:
Dam Butch the minimum score on the Wonderlic is 10.
Looks like you may have some questionable information.
You are so full of :bs: your eyes are brown.

I'll type it for you slowly. :)
Wonderlic score range is 0 - 50.
Can you understand that?

Reading below a 4th grade level (A single digit Wonderlic score) qualifies for full scholarship
at Texas IF you generate income for the University. Certainly fits my definition of an institutional
cash wh-ore.

p.s.
The posted results were from tests given after receiving their university education.
A wonderlic score of 21 indicates an IQ of 100.

So now college football players are supposed to be brain surgeons, college players on that level are playing for one reason, if you cant figure that out then dont bother, stick to soccer, you want to talk about Vince Young, probably played one of the best national championship games ever, and if you want to put down Texas for for having alot of doners, than so be it, guess there big cheaters now. :bs:

haase said:
college players on that level are playing for one reason,
Yes, as a cheap farm system for the NFL. The average NFL player career is less than 4 years, at
roughly 3.4 seasons. The NFL drafts 260 players per year.
Ohio State's football team roster alone in 2017 was 106 players.

A friend's son was a walk on with Mn Gophers, scholarship 3rd yr, a team captain senior year,
graduated and signed with Green Bay as undrafted free agent, NFL career... 6 months.
My brother-in-law cousin's son had a similar experience/career, except drafted by Dallas.
The NFL chews 'em up and spits 'em out like nobody's business.

To think that cheating in government run systems (which is what universities are) isn't rampant
is naive. Wherever there is money and people you'll find cheating with the more the merrier.

From ESPN:
LSU Tigers coach Ed Orgeron isn't a fan of the visiting locker room at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.

Apparently, he just needed to vent.

After Orgeron complained about the lack of air conditioning in the Tigers' locker room for Saturday's 45-38 victory over the Texas Longhorns in Austin, Texas, UT athletics director Chris Del Conte ordered an internal review to get to the bottom of it.

According to a spreadsheet provided to ESPN by the Texas athletics department on Thursday, the air conditioning was indeed working in LSU's locker room. The spreadsheet showed the thermostat was set to 68 degrees, and the temperature in the locker room averaged about 72-73 degrees. Texas also released charts and graphs showing air flow into the locker room.

The temperature peaked at 74.7 degrees when the game ended, according to UT, which is when LSU's players, coaches and other personnel were re-entering the locker room from the field. Texas' locker rooms are equipped with monitoring systems that measure their temperatures in various areas every 15 minutes.

Now, maybe cooler heads will prevail in the latest dispute between the schools.

Orgeron told reporters on Wednesday that LSU brought its own air conditioners and fans to Texas, after someone at Louisiana Tech notified the Tigers about the stuffy conditions. Texas beat the Bulldogs 45-14 at home in the Aug. 31 opener.

"I did talk to somebody on Louisiana's Tech staff, and they felt it was very hot," Orgeron said. "All I did was make sure we had air conditioners and blowers. We put air conditioners and blowers, I don't know about air conditioners but put blowers on the floor [of the locker room]. Saturday, it was fine, it was a little stuffy in there. Whether the air conditioner was on or not, I'm not sure."

LSU LB gives Ehlinger his due: 'Proved me wrong'
Orgeron laughed when asked what LSU would do when Texas visits next year.

"I'm sure we have a plan or two to make them as comfortable as they can possibly be," Orgeron said.

The temperature at kickoff was upward of 95 degrees, and several LSU players had to leave the game due to cramping and other injuries. Texas had a 19-play, 86-yard touchdown drive on its first possession of the second half. Including timeouts for injuries, the Tigers defense was on the field for more than 16 real-time minutes.

Del Conte said earlier this week that it was the "first we've heard of any issues in that area."

"We provide one of the best visitor setups available and are proud of the efforts we put forth in hosting our guests," Del Conte said in a statement. "Our facilities staff did not receive any complaints from either Louisiana Tech or LSU, and we've confirmed that our air conditioning in the visiting locker room is in good working order."
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27602421/locker-room-review-shows-normal-temps

Basically, it was a matter of needing more time and this whole thing is simply a matter of

haase said:
So now college football players are supposed to be brain surgeons...
No they are suppose to be Student athletes... lol

System is such a joke with billionaire owners laughing all the way to the bank siphoning off
taxpayer dollars all along the way with stadiums, farm system ect.

At least be honest about what it is and pay college football players a stipend with funding from the
NFL coffers bloated from taxpayer dollars. MLB teams at least have to pay for their own minor
league farm systems.

Son of Butch said:
Reading below a 4th grade level (A single digit Wonderlic score) qualifies for full scholarship
at Texas IF you generate income for the University. Certainly fits my definition of an institutional
cash wh-ore.

p.s.
The posted results were from tests given after receiving their university education.
A wonderlic score of 21 indicates an IQ of 100.

You still don't get it SOB. BTW Young's supposed score of "6" is urban legend and has never been confirmed and wonderlic is strictly for NFL owners. You're a fool if you don't think any and every athlete is brought on campus to generate income for the university; University of Texas had $92 million in NET profit last year. Texas A&M netted $94 million. Wonder how many non-athletic scholarships that will provide, male and female ??? How much research will it cover ?? Have you ever read this??

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/11/14/von-miller-vons-vision-center/

He just opened another on the Texas A&M campus. Free exams and glasses for needy students. Wonder what his Wonderlic score was? (You'll google it) Just one small example. These worthless people raise millions of millions for worthy causes every year and good people could care less what their wonderlic score was.

But hang in there SOB, someday you'll hit the big one yourself but don't use your own judgement. Use a good bookie.

TexasBred said:
You still don't get it SOB.... wonderlic is strictly for NFL owners....
You are wrong sir.
The wonderlic test has been used since the '50s by many fortune 500 companies in hiring and
screening engineering and management candidates. It is a combination of intelligence and
critical thinking ability testing.

In the early '70s Tom Laundry was the first coach in the NFL to have their scouting department use
the wonderlic test when interviewing players the team was considering drafting. The Cowboy's
success in player evaluation led other teams to follow suit a few years later and now many years
later the testing is administered in a controlled environment by the NFL.

During a job interview I was tested (not knowing what it was until afterwards) in the late '80s.
And not one NFL owner gave a tinker's dxm how I scored. :)

In 1960 one year tuition averaged $300 a year at the U of Minnesota.
Today $15,000 a year.
So much for all the 'good' those sports dollars have done for the student population.

Son of Butch said:
TexasBred said:
You still don't get it SOB.... wonderlic is strictly for NFL owners....
You are wrong sir.
The wonderlic test has been used since the '50s by many fortune 500 companies in hiring and
screening engineering and management candidates. It is a combination of intelligence and
critical thinking ability testing.

In the early '70s Tom Laundry was the first coach in the NFL to have their scouting department use
the wonderlic test when interviewing players the team was considering drafting. The Cowboy's
success in player evaluation led other teams to follow suit a few years later and now many years
later the testing is administered in a controlled environment by the NFL.

During a job interview I was tested (not knowing what it was until afterwards) in the late '80s.
And not one NFL owner gave a tinker's dxm how I scored. :)

Why would you intentionally misspell coach Landry's name? He was a class act from start to finish.

Because he's from Minnesota, has no clue what any kind of championship means, college or NFL, has to talk about air conditioning at a game in the locker room, and Texas being a bad host, been lucky enough to play high school football in Texas, and know what it's all about, its something special, no other way to describe it.

haase said:
Because he's from Minnesota, has no clue what any kind of championship means....
Now, now Minnesota is the home of 2 time Olympic gold medal winner Lindsay Whalen.

And while I have not personally participated in winning any kind of meaningful championship,
(other than coaching 4 undefeated youth football teams, meaningful only to the kids themselves)
I have observed Lindsay's career and off court life going back to her high school days.
I.M.O. her lifestyle and conduct exemplifies the epitome of a sports role model for all youth.
As Tennessee Tuxedo would say... she's a credit to her gender. :tiphat:

Butch.... just found out Vince Young went back to UT and got his degree after retiring from pro football. Went to work for the University of Texas and was fired shortly thereafter for not showing up for work to many times . That should put the icing on the cake for you.

And the queens lost to the Packers again, Cousins is a great of a trade as Walker was, how do you queens keep doing it, must have learned from that 2 time gold medalist. 🤣

LSU Alumnus Bill Conti wrote the theme to Rocky. You can't understand what we are saying but if we catch you slippin you are gonna get a whoopin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=ioE_O7Lm0I4&fbclid=IwAR3b98oxyR7vWumzjSRmWVEwzkdEXpYvAoxoWBv-Xr1UKQIDer1KmQACU2o

Latest posts