Poor Hunting

Help Support CattleToday:

I'd be shooting a hole in my boat!🤣🤣
Ya. I never thought about it until I got on a fishing message board and saw all the pics. We wade fish and people were finding them in bate buckets and all kinds of stuff. If a rattlesnake swims up to me I will break my rod in half trying to slap the $@#& out of it... I don't care how much it costs. 😄

I guarantee you, that the $42 meal/person/day is substantially lowballing it.
(May be accurate, if you eat at fast food joints or buy picnic stuff at H-E-B)
Add fees just to get on the beach, chair/umbrella rental, BEER and mixed drinks, suntan lotion, floaties, etc etc and it adds up quick. The only thing that is free there is the ferry ride, but plan to sit in a long line to get aboard.

View attachment 11725

There IS a tourist season, but we aren't allowed to shoot 'em...
Walk on the ferry, unless you absolutely need your car on the other side… we actually stayed at a guest house out at the state park on West End last summer-could sleep 8 for $300/night. Bay access for wade fishing, full kitchen-pretty quiet and a nice break from the tourist-infused Galveston I grew up in…

My brother had a home at Crystal Beach on Bolivar Peninsula for about 8 years. 2 actually--Ike took the 1st one.
Shorter to drive thru Houston and out 45 to Galveston and across the ferry but WAY faster to drive I-10 to Winnie and turn toward the water.
(He died and we scattered his ashes in early 2019 from Bolivar ferry as was his request. I've not been back to Galveston or Bolivar since)

I guarantee you, that the $42 meal/person/day is substantially lowballing it. (May be accurate, if you eat at fast food joints or buy picnic stuff at H-E-B) Add fees just to get on the beach, chair/umbrella rental, BEER and mixed drinks, suntan lotion, floaties, etc etc and it adds up quick. The only thing that is free there is the ferry ride, but plan to sit in a long line to get aboard. View attachment 11725 There IS a tourist season, but we aren't allowed to shoot 'em...

I don't eat much...
there's plenty of reasons to avoid Galveston even without snakes. #1 reason is tourists. #2 Traffic #3 Prices View attachment 11724

Thanks for the warning, I appreciate that.

I'd be shooting a hole in my boat!🤣🤣

That seems silly when you sink with all the snake around you. F that s. I'd give them the boat and all learn to jump fly or something. Throw snakes fast! My brother is scared of snakes he always says I won't throw one on him.... he touch me with a plunger...could have been used could have not been used... either way it was a PLUNGER!!! I bet I'd throw a snake. 😆 🐍🪰

Google the videos of the rattlesnakes swimming in the bay or getting in people's bait buckets or trying to crawl up the motor to get in the boat. 😜
Sounds like a good way to have nightmares for life! 🤣 My cousin told me about a snake getting in bed with him, I still think about that on cold nights late at night while everyone is snoring. Haha.
I kept telling my husband a few years back when I'd laid away at night there was a snake in our wall. He thought I was 🥜. I kept telling him he didn't believe me. I heard it amd smell it in the wall. I'd see all these snakes laying outside our house, every day it be a different snake. I kept telling my husband something isn't right about these snakes. Years before this I had a tan bed and a sauna in our basement. I kept getting this strange feeling snakes was down there I quit going down there. (Back to first story 😝) I watched a cottonmouth go in a hole in the ground behind our house. 😆 Apparently it was open to our basement. Snakes been going in and out as they pleased. My husband and buddy got the cotton mouth out. We moved out from months hope and pray all the snakes did too. Or maybe one is as big as me.... Let's not talk about that anymore...😬 this was some years ago.

Galveston has some dirty water also. You have to watch because there are warning saying not to eat the fish at certain times.

Sounds tasty!!! NOT!! THANKS for warning me.

What, is it midnight Sharon and your Chevy is turning back into a pumpkin.

Ken

Bahahahahaha!!! I turn to a pumpkin!!! The b$%!* comes out the closet. Durhurhur. Grumpy Georgia B#$%HY Britney Nevermind Midnight Memphis Marie acts like that too.

Who the heck are those people...are they real or are they similar to emoji?

Thats who I turned in to at pumpkin time (midnight). Grumpy Georgia B#$%HY Britney Midnight Memphis Marie...

Wife n sister were fishing Lake Tawakani S.W. of Paris Tx. In 86? Pulled in their nice stringer of Catfish about midnight. 3 water moccasin hanging onto the catfish. They FREAKED OUT! Sis started slapping them with her rod. Now snakes were PISSED! Started chasing the Sister, wife was screaming, I was laughing. No love for me that night. Never went back.

Speaking from the wading side it's nasty. All that Houston area dumping in to it is just funky. I haven't seen any thing as pretty and clean to wade as that Mansfield/ South Padre area. It's mostly pasture and a few little towns down there. No plants, refineries, major cities, etc. Even Corpus is pretty funky. Their sewer and drainage in that town is super sketchy and when it acts up, to the bay it goes.

Wife n sister were fishing Lake Tawakani S.W. of Paris Tx. In 86? Pulled in their nice stringer of Catfish about midnight. 3 water moccasin hanging onto the catfish. They FREAKED OUT! Sis started slapping them with her rod. Now snakes were PISSED! Started chasing the Sister, wife was screaming, I was laughing. No love for me that night. Never went back.

Wait do you have any pictures? Is not true unless you have a picture. Haha

Speaking from the wading side it's nasty. All that Houston area dumping in to it is just funky. I haven't seen any thing as pretty and clean to wade as that Mansfield/ South Padre area. It's mostly pasture and a few little towns down there. No plants, refineries, major cities, etc. Even Corpus is pretty funky. Their sewer and drainage in that town is super sketchy and when it acts up, to the bay it goes.
Try the Florida Gulf Coast.

I gotcha, but we didn't have cell phones back then. N with them swatting snakes n jumping up n down, I wouldn't have stopped laughing to take a picture. Would it help if I said that I drive a chevy?

Hell yes!! So in 86... or old you had a square box Chevy correct? Or what that the story in the story?! Hahaha

I missing the '86 part the first time. You could have got out your 110 camera wind that sucker up and click click. Hahaha or if you were the rich folks get the 35 mm. Hope you didn't drop it in the water.