Affordable Care Act

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
"As I predicted all along, Obamacare has been struck down as an UNCONSTITUTIONAL disaster! Now Congress must pass a STRONG law that provides GREAT healthcare and protects pre-existing conditions. Mitch and Nancy, get it done!" Trump wrote.

The wife and I are a couple of those with pre-existing conditions. I guess we'll hold on and see where this bus stops.

This is a tough one for sure. But to require a private business to cover someone who has a high risk isn't a free market place. But to deny those who have previously had insurance of coverage isn't right and probably not legal. My guess is the insurance companies will raise the rates and make insurance unaffordable to those of us who have preexisting conditions. Just trying to keeping another promise to those that elected him.

All of us have existing or will have pre-existing conditions before we leave, unless accidental death. It is all about money and usually made to were the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. The top 5% look down on the peon 95% and could care less. This is going to get interesting as it will probably go all the way to the Supreme Court.

True Grit Farms":3oowfpl1 said:
This is a tough one for sure. But to require a private business to cover someone who has a high risk isn't a free market place. But to deny those who have previously had insurance of coverage isn't right and probably not legal. My guess is the insurance companies will raise the rates and make insurance unaffordable to those of us who have preexisting conditions. Just trying to keeping another promise to those that elected him.

This is exactly right.
How can a insurance company be expected to take on someone they know they are going to lose money on. ?
By making everyone else pay. That's not a free market. The first thing the medical industry needs is the right to run credit checks and refuse service.

If I filed a claim every time I put a scratch on my truck I would get dropped like a hot potato.

callmefence":2s4yhpya said:
True Grit Farms":2s4yhpya said:

This is exactly right.
How can a insurance company be expected to take on someone they know they are going to lose money on. ?
By making everyone else pay. That's not a free market. The first thing the medical industry needs is the right to run credit checks and refuse service.

If I filed a claim every time I put a scratch on my truck I would get dropped like a hot potato.
Insurance is not a free market. It is a very heavily regulated business, maybe one of the most regulated.

My wife had breast cancer over 6 years ago. We had insurance through my employer. I have never experienced employer insurance turning someone down. Maybe it happens. I just have not seen it.

I no longer have an employer or employer provided insurance. We went looking for insurance outside of 0bamaCare. No insurance company would touch her.

HDRider":219tjf2m said:
callmefence":219tjf2m said:
True Grit Farms":219tjf2m said:

This is exactly right.

Insurance is not a free market. It is a very heavily regulated business, maybe one of the most regulated.

Understood HD
And there's the problem right there...
When I graduated I could afford the best medical, dental etc. No problem.
I've never had any major health expenses. A few cuts and broken bones. Pretty much it. The time I burned I refused the helicopter ride to San Antone because I didn't have insurance.i went home and my wife cared for me. I didn't want a bill I couldn't pay.. I payed the er bill off over about a year. When Obamacare came down. Me and wife (similar health history) went from approx 450.00 to 1500.00........per month.
There's people who don't work a lick and get it free. PLEASE someone explain to me how this is right????
Because right now I'm all for letting the people who won't pay die...

callmefence":203f27nq said:
HDRider":203f27nq said:
callmefence":203f27nq said:
This is exactly right.

Understood HD
I've never had any major health expenses. A few cuts and broken bones. Pretty much it. The time I burned I refused the helicopter ride to San Antone because I didn't have insurance.i went home and my wife cared for me. I didn't want a bill I couldn't pay.. I payed the er bill off over about a year. When Obamacare came down. Me and wife (similar health history) went from approx 450.00 to 1500.00........per month.
There's people who don't work a lick and get it free. PLEASE someone explain to me how this is right????
Neither are right.

Government cannot do anything well, not one single thing, yet so many want more of it. Makes no sense to me. I try to understand the "government has the answer" crowd, I just can't.

True Grit Farms":1jw8cmms said:

I've beaten the drum against the ACA since its inception as I agree it imposes on the free market, but I've also thought the people with pre-existing conditions still needed to be covered in some way (only part of the ACA I thought was good). I've just signed up with BCBS for 2019 at $2090.36 per month and that's still a bronze plan. We've gone thru brokers to try the open market only to be rejected (understandably) at every corner. At this point it feels like the best thing to do is stop paying the monthly premiums and just wing it, which I won't do at this stage.

If the affordable care act was actually about affordable care, and not about forced insurance (aka socialized medicine), we wouldn't have to worry about any of this.
I say the judge did right, it was very much unconstitutional.
Getting out of the insurance game, and wrangling health cost would be a much better road to go down.
$400 for epipen, which has $3 worth of medicine in it.
Affordable health care my butt, more like triple health cost, and have the insurance companies pay for it.

callmefence":38jm939r said:
HDRider":38jm939r said:
callmefence":38jm939r said:
This is exactly right.

Understood HD
Between the bleeding heart liberals and people who depend on the government to pay their bills that won't ever happen. I can buy pot for pain medicine when needed but must have a current physical and prescription before I can buy blood pressure medicine.

Don't forget how much money goes to the illegals that cross the border to our health care system or I should say taxpayers too, glad I pay over 1500 a month to help out freeloaders.

Before the ACA was adopted. A high risk person could join the pool of high risk people and get insurance through the state government. Expensive yes very my daughter had to do this cost about $30000 a year with deductibles for her. Her condition got to a point she was disabled and at that time she was covered by medicare. At the time this happened she was 36 years old.

jltrent":6n0j95w1 said:
All of us have existing or will have pre-existing conditions before we leave, unless accidental death. It is all about money and usually made to were the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. The top 5% look down on the peon 95% and could care less. This is going to get interesting as it will probably go all the way to the Supreme Court.

Are you in the 5% or the 95%. Also at this time with the new health care laws that were changed recently with the changing of the ACA rules. If you go to a hospital they do not have to treat you until you pay what ever is due above the total paid by insurance. Some folks got what they wanted and never realized what was going to happen to and how it would elect them.

slick4591":jay02gqx said:
The wife and I are a couple of those with pre-existing conditions. I guess we'll hold on and see where this bus stops.
Next stop funeral home

I have a pre-existing condition. I'm worried. However, these businesses need customers, they're not stupid. The rate hikes I've seen are appalling, and it's always been my thought that the insurance companies used the ACA as a very convenient excuse to screw over the customer. Yes, they had to insure more folks, but how much insurance does a healthy 21 y/o need?

jltrent":3hjlqb6y said:

Another recession is in the making

skyhightree1":ifv2c9uq said:
jltrent":ifv2c9uq said:

Another recession is in the making
That's a given, the question is when not if.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts