Any suggestions catching wild cow.

Help Support CattleToday:

"Put her with the rest of the cows at about 5:30 a.m this morning."

WHAT??????? She would live in my trailer until unloaded at the sale barn. She can make the tame cows crazy. Hope she loads for you when you want her to.

Did you bother to read his msg? This man has been stretched to his limit. Spending the time it took him to catch her with all his other duties was honorable.
He has good facilities. He is not worried about catching her at a later date. If I had a crazy witch that got loose in an open area, I might play heck catching her - but, once she was back on my place, I would not worry about catching her again. He sounds like he knows what he is doing.

There won't be no problem catching it now. That divided 20 acres with working pen is where i winter them at. I will be running them through vaccinating and worming them as soon i get time.

I have been catching her in that pen ever since she was a calf. I could catch her and have her at the sale barn by 9 a.m in the morning if i wanted too.

But I am not in no hurry now that I have her to where i can catch her. I want to do a little research as to when i can get the best price for her. She is going to the sale before i move them back to summer pasture.

I am going to take a little break from things now that I can. For the last several weeks I have had one thing after another that had to be done that couldn't wait. Drilled 40 acres of wheat, used a leased drill that I had rented for two days that had to be done right then. Had to replace the floor in my stock trailer that had to be replaced before i moved cattle in for the winter, then the wife ended up in the hospital for 7 days. I was working my regular job, feeding her horse's and our pets after I would get off work, then stay all night at the hospital. Then set up a catch pen so that I could move cows back for the winter. Then move them back. That all had to be done by a certain time.

On top of that I had made plans to go to a auction to buy a dump truck. Had put in for 3 days vacation in order to go to that. Had been waiting all year to go to it. When the wife ended up in the hospital i didn't think I was going to be going to the auction but, she was released 1 week prior to the auction.

Had a friend who is a desil mechanic that was going to go with me to help inspect potential trucks before auction day. And was going to drive a truck back if i bought one.

But because of spending all week at the hospital I hadn't talked to him to let him know wether or not I was still going to the auction. So two days before i decided to go he couldn't get off work to go.

So i ended up going to the auction by myself. Did buy a dump truck. Left my personal truck at the auction yard. Drove the dump truck 140 miles home. My wife who had just got out of the hospital a week earlier drove me the 140 miles back so I could get my personal truck and bring it home.

On top of all of that I was spending every spare minute I had trying to catch that crazy cow.

But now I don't have anything that just has to be done immediately like taking that cow to the sale in the morning.

Yes she is going to be sold sometime soon. But it's not that pressing or something that has to be done right away.

I have an appointment with a Neuro surgeons physician on the 19th to go over the results of an MRI that I had done a while back to determine if he thinks I need back surgery. So i guess that's my next pressing thing of importance that I have to do.

I am getting tired of having to take care of things all of the time. Don't mind working at all but, don't like being rushed.

Wow. I feel for you. I'm in the same pasture as you.

Latest posts