Anyone Oklahoman need a farm hand? Kid looking to be adopted to a farm

Help Support CattleToday:

I sent it to somebody that would love to have him.... would be good for both. We don't live in Oklahoma and a few little oops on a background. Nothing big I know they frown on that.
What is the kids story what happen to his parents?

It would be very interesting to know more about his story and how things work out for him. Seems like a super nice kid but you just never know. It's a huge responsibility to take on, especially if it doesn't work out.

Some of them children see bad things or have bad things happen to them. Most aren't the child fault. I've heard and saw alot of stories..... before having my own children I thought about trying to get foster children. It's not like t.v. I know some people that are fostering a child now that's no better than the parents. It all depends what looks good on paper and how big of act people can put on. It's be nice if they did surprise visits, nights, weekends, hoildays. Or even secretly followed the foster people around to see how they treated the child when they think they aren't watching. It's sad how many children get taking from parents and put in to worse situations. In my opinion it's a failed system. It may not be that where every where, I don't know. How many these little girls are taking out of drug homes and places in "better foster homes " than being molested. Or even now boys as well. Excuse me, I don't stick my head in the sand or shallow pills and pretend stuff doesn't happen, I know it dies. Go to the doctor here a pill to forget yesterday, here's a pill to no care about the news, here's a pill to be okay to not care almost drool on yourself but hey its okay cause I'm a doctor... now if you drink or do drug it's not okay cause doctors and the government didn't get cut.... at least until you screw up and land in jail. Shshsh... don't tell anybody.

I've got a good friend that's a day working cowboy and a cow horse trainer of sorts. Several years ago he met a young lady at a rodeo in Oklahoma asking about someone to teach her son to ride. He told her the price and a few months later she called and got some appts set up. He took the horse in for a month and the young man came down on weekends to ride. After finding out the lady's story he told her he couldn't take the money and ask if the boy could come and spend the summer with him. That's been I'd guess 4 years ago so the young man is probably 14 now. It's a real treat to see them together and I always try to set up cattle working when he can bring him.

Funny story about them:
The cowboy is a super nice guy and always cracking on people and giving everyone nickname. The last time they were out he had a pretty bad wreck between a gate and a calf. At the end of the day when I ask if he was ok the young man looked at him and said "shoot I've had worse cuts on my eye and still winked at the pretty girls", he immediately stared at the ground after he said it and had a 🙁 face. The old cowboy got the biggest smile and said finally my work here is almost done and grabbed the kid by the shoulders. It takes a special person to take in a young kid and raise them up. Not sure I'm that person.

Know a family in Oklahoma that was having trouble conceiving and tried adopting. Man was about 45 or 46, very well off, great guy, wife is a super sweet lady. However, Oklahoma wouldn't allow them to adopt because if his age.

They had one of their own about a year later. But some child missed out on a great home.

Know a family in Oklahoma that was having trouble conceiving and tried adopting. Man was about 45 or 46, very well off, great guy, wife is a super sweet lady. However, Oklahoma wouldn't allow them to adopt because if his age.

They had one of their own about a year later. But some child missed out on a great home.
it's kinda ridiculous that by the time you're mature and financially stable, you're considered too old

That's crazy, it would rule me out too then.
The laws and guidelines of that sort of thing are completely ridiculous.
People work till 55, over 60 is common, farmers and ranchers much longer than that.

That's crazy, it would rule me out too then.
The laws and guidelines of that sort of thing are completely ridiculous.
People work till 55, over 60 is common, farmers and ranchers much longer than that.
I agree. But the laws are made by people with understanding on a level higher than we'll achieve. They saved some pour kid without a steady home from having to grow up with his backyard on PGA level golf course and a mother that ran a desert business for fun. It would have been tragic.

I agree. But the laws are made by people with understanding on a level higher than we'll achieve. They saved some pour kid without a steady home from having to grow up with his backyard on PGA level golf course and a mother that ran a desert business for fun. It would have been tragic.
Yes, meanwhile children are placed in foster homes as bad or worse sometimes than the situations they are born into, and usually placed right back into their homes a few months later with parental situation not being improved over that time.

Latest posts