Cowboy Macgyver

Help Support CattleToday:

Isomade

Reaction score
Was moving some heifer pairs that had calved last night to their new pasture when a calf cut his hoof badly. Blood was going everywhere and she couldn't walk on it. So cowboy Macgyver had to improvise. I went to the house and found my wife's duct tape (rainbow colored no less), a maxy pad, and the hydrogen peroxide. Cleaned the cut, pulled the sticky backing off the maxy pad, stuck it over the hoof making a U and taped her up with the Rainbiw tape. I love it when a plan comes together. My Photo bucket won't work or I'd post a picture.

Yep! All my first aid kits contain maxi pads and duct tape! Only the best will do here also. Who needs all that expensive chit? :D Good for you! Most guys are reluctant to carry around Maxi pads! :mrgreen:

branguscowgirl":2tms4ky5 said:
Yep! All my first aid kits contain maxi pads and duct tape! Only the best will do here also. Who needs all that expensive chit? :D Good for you! Most guys are reluctant to carry around Maxi pads! :mrgreen:
Easy Turbo....I said I went to the house and got my wife's maxy pad. I said nothing about carrying them around myself. :lol:

In high school when I wrestled and got a bloody nose I used tampons to go up my nose to stop the bleeding and keep going.. I made a mistake and got scented.... boy that is a mistake I will never forget.

Isomade":1e7aluk7 said:
branguscowgirl":1e7aluk7 said:
Easy Turbo....I said I went to the house and got my wife's maxy pad. I said nothing about carrying them around myself. :lol:
Hope ya grabbed some extra for your first aid kit!! You'll need um again, though she may make you go buy your own pack! :lol: That and some pink duct tape, and you'll be set! :pretty:

skyhightree1":3sjrng20 said:
In high school when I wrestled and got a bloody nose I used tampons to go up my nose to stop the bleeding and keep going.. I made a mistake and got scented.... boy that is a mistake I will never forget.
Hehe you had the freshest nostrils on the team! :yuck:

jedstivers":2ynm0qos said:
Alright, mental pictures aside between Iso and Tonto we have a song or two in here somewhere.
Maxey Pad Cowboys strike again.... :shock:

Nothing new, years ago a farmer walked into a store and asked for some maxi pads to fix a cows leg that had been cut. The clerk thinking he needed them for the farmers wife asked "what size do you need", the old farmer said " the old girls got about and 8 inch gash" . The store clerk threw up on the spot.

Larry

not to hijack but saw a commercial for depends maxi pads for men this weekend. " for guys that leak" I just sat there shaking my head.

I like a baby diaper. I have made a horse a new foot with a baby diaper, and gorilla tape.

Isomade":3k1n7gv1 said:
Was moving some heifer pairs that had calved last night to their new pasture when a calf cut his hoof badly. Blood was going everywhere and she couldn't walk on it. So cowboy Macgyver had to improvise. I went to the house and found my wife's duct tape (rainbow colored no less), a maxy pad, and the hydrogen peroxide. Cleaned the cut, pulled the sticky backing off the maxy pad, stuck it over the hoof making a U and taped her up with the Rainbiw tape. I love it when a plan comes together. My Photo bucket won't work or I'd post a picture.
Glad you didn't have to call "Medicine Woman". :hide:

Back when I was falling timber I knew several guys who had a pad taped inside the top of their hard hat. Chain saw cuts can be pretty nasty. Having something readily available to slap on the cut is not a bad thing.

09c20e13a709472d72441a184475b2a7.jpg

M5farm":1nkpz3jp said:
not to hijack but saw a commercial for depends maxi pads for men this weekend. " for guys that leak" I just sat there shaking my head.
There you go Iso! Makes it easier to buy the man diappies with out embarrassment, ehh? :D

branguscowgirl":3ljle2o5 said:
skyhightree1":3ljle2o5 said:
Hehe you had the freshest nostrils on the team! :yuck:

:oops:

jedstivers":3ljle2o5 said:
Alright, mental pictures aside between Iso and Tonto we have a song or two in here somewhere.

:lol:

Isomade":3ljle2o5 said:

:clap:

Latest posts