DDG

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":1t0ud0lh said:
What is everyone paying for DDG if you use it? Its here at the local ethanol plant for 140.00 per ton ?

Same here. I guess things are worth what they are worth. I think it's over priced. Good feed, but over priced.

Bigfoot":2e459d2e said:
skyhightree1":2e459d2e said:
What is everyone paying for DDG if you use it? Its here at the local ethanol plant for 140.00 per ton ?

Same here. I guess things are worth what they are worth. I think it's over priced. Good feed, but over priced.

Yea I gotta admit I was expecting it to be a lot cheaper. I was looking at getting some for the pigs to mix with the brewers grain and bread and for some calves over winter but the DDG will be left out of that equation at that cost. Especially when I am getting 20-45 tons of Brewers grain a week and just paying fuel.

skyhightree1":34124xu9 said:
Bigfoot":34124xu9 said:
skyhightree1":34124xu9 said:

Yea I gotta admit I was expecting it to be a lot cheaper. I was looking at getting some for the pigs to mix with the brewers grain and bread and for some calves over winter but the DDG will be left out of that equation at that cost. Especially when I am getting 20-45 tons of Brewers grain a week and just paying fuel.
Sky is this wet or true "DDG"? What protein do they guarantee?? Sounds like very good price to me if it's as much as 28% crude protein. OF course I'd have to pay a heck of a lot of freight to get it delivered.

TexasBred":31mo3j5k said:
skyhightree1":31mo3j5k said:
Bigfoot":31mo3j5k said:

Sky is this wet or true "DDG"? What protein do they guarantee?? Sounds like very good price to me if it's as much as 28% crude protein. OF course I'd have to pay a heck of a lot of freight to get it delivered.

Its not from a feed company that's selling it its straight from the ethanol plant so they don't test it just sell it. It is true DDG from what the guys getting it at the feed store told me. I never bought any from the ethanol plant and I am not going to start with that price. If I didn't have grain running out my ears and needed it I would but not the case. TB come up buy a tractor trailer drive it home then sell it when you get there :D

skyhightree1":3rnugaac said:
TexasBred":3rnugaac said:
skyhightree1":3rnugaac said:

Its not from a feed company that's selling it its straight from the ethanol plant so they don't test it just sell it. It is true DDG from what the guys getting it at the feed store told me. I never bought any from the ethanol plant and I am not going to start with that price. If I didn't have grain running out my ears and needed it I would but not the case. TB come up buy a tractor trailer drive it home then sell it when you get there :D
Yeah right....I wouldn't make it 10 miles in a big rig. DDG can vary quite a bit in crude protein but 27-28% often is on the low side. Great ingredient though. Can't believe they let them sell it without any kind of guarantee though.

TexasBred":v11n1d5d said:
skyhightree1":v11n1d5d said:
TexasBred":v11n1d5d said:

Yeah right....I wouldn't make it 10 miles in a big rig. DDG can vary quite a bit in crude protein but 27-28% often is on the low side. Great ingredient though. Can't believe they let them sell it without any kind of guarantee though.

It may have a guarantee we didn't get that far once I heard the price. Green plains is the ethanol folks

Today's price at the plant here at Hopkinsville KY:
Corn Distillers Dry Grains with Solubles: $130/ton
Moisture maximum 12.0%
Crude Protein minimum 27.0%
Crude Fiber maximum 8.0%
Crude Fat minimum 6%

Have a friend a mile or two up the road who operates a small feedlot... he buys his DDG out of Owensboro... they don't extract the oil from theirs, so fat/energy level is higher, and he says the calves he's fed perform better... but he does buy it by the semi-load.
No more than we feed, we're just hauling 3 tons or so at a time.

I feed my fair share, from the same place lucky gets his. It's a good product. I can handle exactly 3 tons. I've been mixing it at home, with shelled corn. Makes it go a little further, brings the energy up, and the protein down.

I was convinced it was way too high. TB, helped me get over that. It's a lot of protein, for the price.

pricefarm":1r5bdtxv said:
200$ a ton here. I had 3 ton delivered.
Bigfoot how much corn do U mix in ? I usually do 2/3 corn 1/3 ddg

Corn scoop of one, and corn scoop of the other :D

Latest posts