Does anybody like Husqvarna?

Help Support CattleToday:

I have had a Husqvarna 350 for about 12 years, it is a great saw, light weight but still has a bit of grunt, gets a bit difficult to start from cold especially if left a while and about 5 years ago it seemed to have died and it frustrated me trying to fix it so took it to a dealer to repair and he told me it was beyond economical repair as it had a scored bore. I took it home and thought I would see for myself so pulled it down and found the 4 bolts holding the barrel on had vibrated loose, the bore was perfect so put a bit of loctite on them and put it back together and it started right up with more power than ever, maybe I ovretightened the barrel??? Still running well just that bit cranky on cold start up.

Ken

Nesikep":3q2f0h06 said:
Wow, does a 50cc saw really need a decomp??

No, unless you have a shoulder injury or something.

That's the only problem I had with the 2252 I mentioned earlier. Fuzz started building up around the decomp because it was leaking, dealer stuck a plug in it under warranty.

I forgot to mention that up until recently Husqvarna had far better air filtration than Stihl. Not that Stihls didn't work, you just had to clean the filter a lot more often.

tater74":3ef6ov9b said:
Those look good, but I will stick with my 35 year old Echo 650EVL.
They are good saws too!

wbvs58":3ef6ov9b said:
I have had a Husqvarna 350 for about 12 years, it is a great saw, light weight but still has a bit of grunt, gets a bit difficult to start from cold especially if left a while and about 5 years ago it seemed to have died and it frustrated me trying to fix it so took it to a dealer to repair and he told me it was beyond economical repair as it had a scored bore. I took it home and thought I would see for myself so pulled it down and found the 4 bolts holding the barrel on had vibrated loose, the bore was perfect so put a bit of loctite on them and put it back together and it started right up with more power than ever, maybe I ovretightened the barrel??? Still running well just that bit cranky on cold start up.

Ken
That's a crooked dealer... sounds like there are a lot of them unfortunately. Glad you decided to tear into it yourself and it was an easy fix. Aftermarket cylinders and pistons are cheap, and for home use are just fine

Bigfoot":yr7wdcz8 said:
If I buy a husquvarna at tsc, is it the same high quality you associate with the brand? I guess what I mean is, if you buy a JD lawn mower at Lowes, it obviously not a JD.

Last one I bought had a local JD dealer sticker on it for servicing. Price was the same as what he had on his lot, same machine. He said that JD does that to keep things competitive. Didn't bother him that big box stores were selling JD mowers.

I have a Husq. 46" conventional rider that I really like. I put studded ATV tires on it and primarily use it to mow pond banks as it is much lighter than my larger ZTs and holds good on slopes. I really like the twin blades and design of the stamped deck which stays clean on it's own rather than having to wash it out after every use.

On chain saws, Stihl came to my corral a few years ago and that's where my money has been spent ever since. Didn't look at Husq. as none were for sale in my shopping circle.

M-5":1sycwkbt said:
I have a Jred 2172 and a husky (forget the model) both are good saws but the jred is by far the better one
That Jred is a pro line saw with 71cc, it ought to be a good one. The local TSC company has a used Jred 2166 still in their inventory as they are closing these out, and I keep watching to see the major mark down coming on it, but so far none yet. For the right price I will take it off their hands, but it being used they ought to make me a deal.

http://www.jonsered.com/us/chainsaws/cs-2172/

jltrent":ac271cxq said:
M-5":ac271cxq said:
I have a Jred 2172 and a husky (forget the model) both are good saws but the jred is by far the better one
That Jred is a pro line saw with 71cc, it ought to be a good one. The local TSC company has a used Jred 2166 still in their inventory as they are closing these out, and I keep watching to see the major mark down coming on it, but so far none yet. For the right price I will take it off their hands, but it being used they ought to make me a deal.

talk to the manager at tsc they can make deals. I paid about 600 iirc for it and that was after 25% off when they first started carrying them

M-5":g8qdzqr4 said:

2172 is mechanically the same as a Husqvarna 372. Damn good saws.

M-5":2vmpekh6 said:
jltrent":2vmpekh6 said:
M-5":2vmpekh6 said:

talk to the manager at tsc they can make deals. I paid about 600 iirc for it and that was after 25% off when they first started carrying them
You got a good deal as I have watched these on Ebay which is the same saw and this is a good price with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-372x ... 1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-372x ... 0005.m1851

Short answer is no. I have 2 Stihl's and they start right up and have plenty of power. The Husq Equipment I have used has been difficult to start and seemed not to have the power of the Stihls.

BigBear":2bu5pbny said:
Short answer is no. I have 2 Stihl's and they start right up and have plenty of power. The Husq Equipment I have used has been difficult to start and seemed not to have the power of the Stihls.
Same experience here. My stihl 362 started up after two yanks, first time in the morning, when it was -5F falling trees two weeks ago. My uncle's Husky 460 took 5 pulls when it was 85F, after the saw was already warmed up.

Latest posts