Dyed Diesel Fuel Off Road

Help Support CattleToday:

denvermartinfarms":2qilk44o said:
Angus Cowman":2qilk44o said:
DOT isn't the ones checking them in Mo and Ark it is the dept.OF Revenue who checked mine
DOT checks it now. Had a friend get a 2000$ fine not to long ago.
Last year I got check by dept of revenue in Mo
DOT can check also but fine is thru revenue dept

Angus Cowman":2ehjoq6w said:
denvermartinfarms":2ehjoq6w said:
Angus Cowman":2ehjoq6w said:
DOT isn't the ones checking them in Mo and Ark it is the dept.OF Revenue who checked mine
DOT checks it now. Had a friend get a 2000$ fine not to long ago.
Last year I got check by dept of revenue in Mo
DOT can check also but fine is thru revenue dept
Yes, I'm sorry, I see what your saying now.

ram":1b6nrkz7 said:
gimpyrancher":1b6nrkz7 said:
I can carry drugs, illegal guns and whatever else I please in a vehicle. If I get pulled over, I have the right to refuse a search without a warrant. The key here is, you must verbally refused a search without a warrant. If they search for dyed fuel, without a warrant or some reasonable suspicion of a crime, why wouldn't you get the "evidence" thrown out of court because it is fruit of an illegal search?

Most don't have the round ones to refuse to allow any cop to search without a warrant. That is usually why they just go ahead and pay.

Seems to me, illegal use of dyed fuel and avoiding paying a hundred bucks in taxes is minor compared to illegal searches by any government agency.
I'm just saying . . . . :pop:
You are right Gimpyrancher. But the DOT is like their above the law.

Yes, I totally understand. And yet, we've (most of us) lived through police officers and departments that also feel and felt they didn't have to uphold civil rights or act in a civilized manner. But as is starting to occur, that feeling is coming back to bite them in the butt. DOT should be no less than any other government agency be able to ignore straight forward civil rights laws.