Emotional Support Animals banned by Delta.......

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Starting on December 18th, the airline will no longer accept ESAs that are under four months old nor will it accept any of the animals on flights longer than eight hours.

I certainly don't like grocery shopping where someone has one or two 'emotional support animals' going thru the store. Animals don't belong in a grocery store where people shop for food.

IMO the whole "emotional support animal" is a ruse some are using to take their pet where-ever they go.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/grantmarti ... bda2d73e02

yea i'm seeing this crap everywhere.. it ruining it for the few who really need it.

I get on YouTube, and play sounds that drive dogs crazy when I see one. Very immature, but quite funny to watch.

jltrent":zi8royvz said:
Starting on December 18th, the airline will no longer accept ESAs that are under four months old nor will it accept any of the animals on flights longer than eight hours.

I certainly don't like grocery shopping where someone has one or two 'emotional support animals' going thru the store. Animals don't belong in a grocery store where people shop for food.

IMO the whole "emotional support animal" is a ruse some are using to take their pet where-ever they go.

I stopped at a Longhorn Steakhouse in Cookeville, TN Wednesday night and a long haul trucker at the table next to mine had a small collie type dog with a little vest on that said "service dog". I had my doubts.

I think its a good thing in theory. Problem is we are dealing with people and people are a sorry lot and will abuse any program no matter how well intended it might be.

TennesseeTuxedo":1z30n512 said:
jltrent":1z30n512 said:

I stopped at a Longhorn Steakhouse in Cookeville, TN Wednesday night and a long haul trucker at the table next to mine had a small collie type dog with a little vest on that said "service dog". I had my doubts.
He's blind, he works for Swift!

I know a man who told a story at a Veterans reunion.

To sum it up it went like this.

He had a double barrel 12 gauge with two triggers. He loaded it and went in to the back yard. Sat on a lawn chair and stuck the whole thing in his mouth - placed two fingers on the triggers with the plan to hit them both at the same time.

His border collie came over and put his head on the Veteran's lap.

The guy started crying and unloaded the shotgun and put it away.

I know this man very, very well.

Any who have something to say against the real service dogs - and I know there are people who abuse it - are not worth spit.

Until folks have been there, they can think and say what they want.

The real ones serve a serious purpose - and you folks who the Veteran served for - should support them or take a long walk off a short dock.

Delta is off my list of good guys.

TennesseeTuxedo":1swb9kxp said:
jltrent":1swb9kxp said:

The dog did the oil and filter changes on the truck..........

Logar":13zyk9qn said:
I know a man who told a story at a Veterans reunion.

To sum it up it went like this.

He had a double barrel 12 gauge with two triggers. He loaded it and went in to the back yard. Sat on a lawn chair and stuck the whole thing in his mouth - placed two fingers on the triggers with the plan to hit them both at the same time.

His border collie came over and put his head on the Veteran's lap.

The guy started crying and unloaded the shotgun and put it away.

I know this man very, very well.

Any who have something to say against the real service dogs - and I know there are people who abuse it - are not worth spit.

Until folks have been there, they can think and say what they want.

The real ones serve a serious purpose - and you folks who the Veteran served for - should support them or take a long walk off a short dock.

Delta is off my list of good guys.

The problem is with the people who abuse the status with phony "service" animals Bez, nobody is saying real service dogs don't serve a purpose.

i have ppl wanting to rent homes and they tell me their pit bulls are "service dogs"

I personally think unless you are blind leave the dog home. I hate going in any store seeing a dog PERIOD..... I can't take my favorite cow with me wherever I go. An animal has a place and it's place is not in stores or places where food is served or sold unless as stated person is blind. Veteran or no veteran point blank period. it's no different than the AH's here misusing farm use tags all this abuse of legitimate things needs to be stopped. It could be stopped if the states weren't scared to hurt someone's feelings.

Emotional Support Bull...........Imagine taking him in a store.

3pQqTLH.jpg

I think there is a lot of abuse with this but I do see a need in these animals but I think the standards and certification should be more stringent. I say this because there is a place not far from me who will certify my dog for around $20 which is BS. I only know of one real service dog. His name is Brantley and he is a champ and goes everywhere with its owner who is an epileptic. Somehow Brantley detects the early onset of her seizures and will let her know to take her meds. I spoke to the lady about how this worked and was surprised when she said she didn't love the dog as much as her husband. To her, the dog was a tool and would have to be replaced in a few years which would really upset her husband but not her. I thought this interesting because my "service dog" is irreplaceable in my view.

Maybe she meant she didn't love the dog as much as she loved her husband.... yeah, I know.kinda far fetched........after all, they're married.

ppl (trash) had a pitbul inside rural king a few months ago.. this dog looked mean and ready to get someone.. I thought. .why in the world would you bring that out?

So I see it.. turn the other direction. sure enough.. I hear them all screaming and yelling at the dog a few minutes later.. it was attacking another dog inside the store.

of course the people spent another 20 minutes in the store.. 5 of them or so.. and not one thing was bought.

ddd75":xdefmbv3 said:
ppl (trash) had a pitbul inside rural king a few months ago.. this dog looked mean and ready to get someone.. I thought. .why in the world would you bring that out?

So I see it.. turn the other direction. sure enough.. I hear them all screaming and yelling at the dog a few minutes later.. it was attacking another dog inside the store.

of course the people spent another 20 minutes in the store.. 5 of them or so.. and not one thing was bought.

Should take all six of them to the vet and have them put to sleep.

Jogeephus":1n1bpz0d said:
I think there is a lot of abuse with this but I do see a need in these animals but I think the standards and certification should be more stringent. I say this because there is a place not far from me who will certify my dog for around $20 which is BS. I only know of one real service dog. His name is Brantley and he is a champ and goes everywhere with its owner who is an epileptic. Somehow Brantley detects the early onset of her seizures and will let her know to take her meds. I spoke to the lady about how this worked and was surprised when she said she didn't love the dog as much as her husband. To her, the dog was a tool and would have to be replaced in a few years which would really upset her husband but not her. I thought this interesting because my "service dog" is irreplaceable in my view.

This reminded me of the new series on Netflix, DOGS.
https://www.netflix.com/title/80191036
I've watched the first two episodes and they were excellent! Highly recommend it. The first one is about a severely epileptic girl and her going through the process of getting and training her service dog.

Latest posts