Ever seen this before?

Help Support CattleToday:

The ones I have seen that live have some hair at birth like half a hair coat that is curly. I have only seen one completely hairless and it died in a snow bank. I will probably start a sheet storm by saying this but I believe all beef breeds in the US probably have a carrier in the gene pool. If it were mine I would try to identify the sire and cull him and move on with life.

Yes, its what brought me here. I got no personal advice, but rather the google advice... But, i can say, I've experienced it first hand. Heifer eventually got short hair. Still didnt look right, but, she did grow some hair.
1781212_10151894319626739_1222407179_o.jpg

Yes, its what brought me here. I got no personal advice, but rather the google advice... But, i can say, I've experienced it first hand. Heifer eventually got short hair. Still didnt look right, but, she did grow some hair.
1781212_10151894319626739_1222407179_o.jpg
I had one like that 3 years ago by an AI bull. I did report it to the Angus Association and the company that sold the semen.

Well THAT oughta bring some big bucks. People will try to breed anything if it's weird enough.

At the least you should raise it to show...
"Well THAT oughta bring some big bucks. People will try to breed anything if it's weird enough"
That theory is how we got the political divide we have now.

By that reference you now know the dam and sire are carriers. Bought or raised bull?

Here is my first post in this group. Pictures are gone, but it was the same as i posted above. I guess i should have a video somewhere too.. Sad these pictures arent where i can find them, i'd like to remember how she looked when we sold her. I remember her hair had a wave to it, but she had hair. https://www.cattletoday.com/threads/hairless-heifer.90642/

Here is my first post in this group. Pictures are gone, but it was the same as i posted above. I guess i should have a video somewhere too.. Sad these pictures arent where i can find them, i'd like to remember how she looked when we sold her. I remember her hair had a wave to it, but she had hair. https://www.cattletoday.com/threads/hairless-heifer.90642/
I have been reading that it will come in short and curly / wavy.
I wish could find your pictures :(

Latest posts