Facebook Banned Sale of Animals

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":1mmlm898 said:
BK9954":1mmlm898 said:
Good morning. From the negative feedback about online networking I am having to assume some of the guys here are older then myself. I have thick skin and can handle the negative comments. There seems to be a lot of animosity towards guys like me getting into the industry and doing things different. Just appreciate younger people like me, in my 40's, that would come back to the dead family ranch, invest their life savings and take a risk on the market. I work cattle at night sometimes after a 15 hours shift. Cattle is in my blood, always will be. If guys like me dont do this we will eventually be on more imported beef then now. I plan to branch out, lease properties and run 200 head just like my grandfather. This will be when I can get out of my 70 hour a week job when the kids move out of the house. Until then 20 head id more then enough. Coming in from the outside a few years ago I see a system that is semi- broken. Cattlemen at the mercy of the market that in influenced by politics and the good ole boy system that runs the markets. We get screwed and most people just say, thats the way it is. Like the post above where they ignored the guy bidding, did the seller get the best price, no. That cow was sold to the buddy of the auctioneer. I feel bad for the sellers in a crooked market, I dont see integrity like I expected there to be. People flipping auction cattle on craigslist and saying they were raised on their Ranch. I could still see the sticker residue on the back of the animal. Do unto others as you would do unto yourself. As for me coming to this forum, I enjoy talking with you all. Anyways, thanks for the debate, I enjoy it. No hard feelings and enjoy the green pastures

That was just yesterday's dust up.
Today it's a black lady with a past due cafeteria Bill.
:lol2: Someone must have told you who I work for.

Latest posts