Few females going in a sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
We have been fighting the weather and finally got a break. Took our videos and new pictures of our sale cattle.
These two yearlings are by the same sire, OMF Epic and out of same cow family, both bred for a January calf.
This is Simme Valley Ka-Ching

This is Simme Valley Kaboom

This is a fall yearling bred to calve in September - Simme Valley Jezebel.

This is a fall bred cow, due in September with her 4th calf.

@Jeanne - Simme Valley . Wow! If these are the ones you are "culling", then I'd love to see your keepers! And there are people that think you can't buy quality heifers or cows at a sale! Just ball park...what do you think they will bring? WiIl this sale be simulcast online? Are they all bred to the same bull? Do you use sexed semen?

They look fabulous! And so does your grass.
Thank you! Yes, grass is growing! We had 4 days of 80+ temperatures - and we had high wind with snow flurries all day today. It was even sticking on ground.

Warren Allison - far from being culled. They are consigned to one of the highest quality Simmental sale in the East. We spent weeks getting these girls clean enough to get these pictures. The ones we took for the catalog are horrible. Post-poned picture day twice with photographer. Settled on a day - that turned out brutally windy/cold (felt like 20F) with snow showers. These were taken on a sunny 80+ day.
Finally decided to bite the bullet and bought a quality camera. It is a learning curve for my nephew, but he is figuring it out. Took videos of them also.
The 2 black heifers are bred to WHF/JS/CCS Woodford.
The red fall heifer is bred to KBHR Sniper. And the red cow is bred to Bar CK Red Empire.
Stars & Stripes Sale, May 6th and yes it will be online with CCi.Live - sale generally averages around $4500 including embryo lots and pregnancies. Last year mine averaged just under $5000.
I can send anyone a catalog link if you PM me.

Thank you! Yes, grass is growing! We had 4 days of 80+ temperatures - and we had high wind with snow flurries all day today. It was even sticking on ground.

Warren Allison - far from being culled. They are consigned to one of the highest quality Simmental sale in the East. We spent weeks getting these girls clean enough to get these pictures. The ones we took for the catalog are horrible. Post-poned picture day twice with photographer. Settled on a day - that turned out brutally windy/cold (felt like 20F) with snow showers. These were taken on a sunny 80+ day.
Finally decided to bite the bullet and bought a quality camera. It is a learning curve for my nephew, but he is figuring it out. Took videos of them also.
The 2 black heifers are bred to WHF/JS/CCS Woodford.
The red fall heifer is bred to KBHR Sniper. And the red cow is bred to Bar CK Red Empire.
Stars & Stripes Sale, May 6th and yes it will be online with CCi.Live - sale generally averages around $4500 including embryo lots and pregnancies. Last year mine averaged just under $5000.
I can send anyone a catalog link if you PM me.
Or, could you post the link on this thread? It was a joke when I said "If these are your culls..." I think they are all fantastic. Much better cattle than any I ever had. Believe it or not, I think I like the cow best of all. Considering what even a top-quality commercial bred cow can bring these days, I think if someone got any of these for around $5k, they'd be getting a bargain. Here's hoping yours top the sale!

I knew you were joking.
Here's a link to the sale. None of mine are "featured" this year - pictures were terrible. They are all listed by age. We must do the pictures by mid April and my cattle and land just are not ready to be "pretty". And sorry to say, calving then breeding AI trump getting cattle into the barn for weeks to get them clean enough to shave. The 3 yearlings needed to be outside for heat checks and the fall cow was still nursing her fall calf. As of this week, all 3 yearlings have passed over. WooHoo

We have truckers available to haul all over US & Canada.

I knew you were joking.
Here's a link to the sale. None of mine are "featured" this year - pictures were terrible. They are all listed by age. We must do the pictures by mid April and my cattle and land just are not ready to be "pretty". And sorry to say, calving then breeding AI trump getting cattle into the barn for weeks to get them clean enough to shave. The 3 yearlings needed to be outside for heat checks and the fall cow was still nursing her fall calf. As of this week, all 3 yearlings have passed over. WooHoo

We have truckers available to haul all over US & Canada.
Jeanne, when you AI, are you using sexed semen? On page 15, Bramlets Jilt 405k and 404k. Says they are 3/4 Simm. Does it look to you like they have some Brahma influence? I don;t think the pics you posted that your nephew took were bad at all. I didn't see any in the catalouge, that I thought looked better than yours, IMO. I keep going back to look at your cow. I really like her! Why are you selling her, if I might ask?

Simme Valley and 2 other farms got together and started this sale, maybe 13 years ago. Consignors are invited into the sale. They have to agree to consigning at least 3 live lots EVERY YEAR. They are expected to put their top breeding females.
I try to put 6 lots in each year, all top end. Most cattle I put in each year are offspring of a top producer in my herd. I keep the "factory". The cow, Fawn, comes from my "9" cow family. The other 4 come from my "3" cow family.
There is absolutely no negative reason she is being sold. Just solid good replacement herd builders.

Latest posts