Finally!!

Help Support CattleToday:

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
This is the latest that I can remember planting winter wheat... We have been so dry here in Middle Tennessee that it has been almost impossible to drill any seed. Well, we finally got a little rainfall earlier this week and it was enough to make the ground workable again. Got it finished up this evening and now we are expecting to get rain starting tomorrow night! Glad it's in the ground!!

Frustrating waiting for moisture. I planted summer millet 2 weeks ago on the back of two lots of 15mm rain but had nothing the two weeks since, it is struggling, thunderstorms around tonight, hope we jag one. Sounds like your wheat will be away.

Ken

NE Georgia is getting some good rain too. Last week we had 2-1/2" first part of week. We and a lot of other farmers too took advantage of the break in between systems to get fields ready before next front came in on Saturday. Finished planting around 6:00 pm on Saturday and the rain started. Have had over 3" since Saturday and still getting a light rain. We've had more rain in the last week than we've had from May to November combined. Thank you Lord! May our grass grow abundantly.

I'm right there with you guys!
I drilled 500# oats and 100# fescue October 8th after that hurricane rain and didn't see anything till December 3rd, last weekend. Only half inch rain between. Finally seeing it come up.
Rain after thanksgiving and drilled another 250# oats and 100# fescue this past weekend.
Hopefully I'll get some grazing before harder weather sets in.

Latest posts