First time ever

Help Support CattleToday:

I've always said I never understood why anyone would "pleasure ride". I do like being horseback, but only if there is a job to do or something to teach the horse. Preferably both.
Back in high school girls would find out I had horses and want to go for ride. Even the pretty ones got a definite 'no'.
I know a guy who married a former state rodeo queen. She said lets saddle up the horses and go take a ride. He replied why don't we just go build some fence.

This is how I feel about folks who are really into 4 wheeling or dirt bikes for recreation.
We have people come here to visit. They want to take the quads out for a ride. I tell them that I am on that machine nearly everyday. It is a great tool but the fun wore out a long time ago. The wife takes them out to explore the country.

sounds like the same situation at my place, minus the side by side. now i have an extra cow in my pasture and about fifteen neighbor cows father up the road. neighbor that owns the cattle isn't answering my phone text. I'm going to bed.
This is open range. If the bull weren't coming into my yard I would just leave it alone. Several of us were talking to the owner at a branding on Friday. Three days in a row he had herded these cows about 3 or 4 miles up into the hills. Left them at a water hole with lots of grass, salt and water. The cows nearly beat him back down to the valley.