Florida

Help Support CattleToday:

M.Magis":3fr72375 said:
Just talked to my aunt, just north of Ft. Meyers. She's regretting not leaving last night, but now she's too scared of the traffic and just plans to hunker down. I'm still hoping she decides to leave tonight, though in reality I think that area will be mostly fine. Last wind forecast I saw said 40-60 mph winds, gusts to maybe 110. Not pleasant, but not devastating either.

I believe your forecast is wrong, if she's within 10 miles of the coast she'll be lucky to survive.

Irma looks like a Harvey when she gets inland just hung up and wandering around.
We know Fla. is in trouble this could be a water event for Georgia,Tn,Al and Ky.

True Grit Farms":3e6wmtfc said:
M.Magis":3e6wmtfc said:
Just talked to my aunt, just north of Ft. Meyers. She's regretting not leaving last night, but now she's too scared of the traffic and just plans to hunker down. I'm still hoping she decides to leave tonight, though in reality I think that area will be mostly fine. Last wind forecast I saw said 40-60 mph winds, gusts to maybe 110. Not pleasant, but not devastating either.

I believe your forecast is wrong, if she's within 10 miles of the coast she'll be lucky to survive.
Don't know, just what the weather channel said tonight.

ALACOWMAN":3jp7qshw said:
Greybeards post got it right over us at 2pm Tuesday..looks like the 2 inch forecasted could be on the light side..
I'll be surprised if that holds. Irma has already missed her predicted turn to the WNW and NHC now says it may well just skirt the very west side of Fla and IF she makes the predicted turn to the North, it may bring the first real US landfall on Fla's panhandle or even Eastern Alabama, shifting the entire track farther to the West.
NHC and the models still believe Irma will make the hard turn to the North, but can't agree on when and where that turn might take place.
(Irma has once again regained Cat 5 strength)

A neighbor has to stay. She has two small kids. Gonna hunker down with us. We are two blocks from the city shelter. Helping others put up their hurricane shutters. Gs

plumber_greg":tu36xw7p said:
A neighbor has to stay. She has two small kids. Gonna hunker down with us. We are two blocks from the city shelter. Helping others put up their hurricane shutters. Gs
If your going to the city shelter, you best claim your spot early..... :2cents: couple days ago you were on the hoe-hum side, now your on the dirty side. Oh, and be sure the city shelter is a safe place to be.

My aunt left when they put out the mandatory evacuation for her area this morning. She didn't go as far as I would have, but she's in northern Sarasota county and away from the coast. Apparently its a mess, people from the east coast had all come to the Gulf coast. Now fuel is hard to get and most of those people used what fuel they had leaving the east coast because of the traffic. Think I'd have headed toward TN, but I suppose that's easy for me to say

M.Magis":3i6f0p1t said:
My aunt left when they put out the mandatory evacuation for her area this morning. She didn't go as far as I would have, but she's in northern Sarasota county and away from the coast. Apparently its a mess, people from the east coast had all come to the Gulf coast. Now fuel is hard to get and most of those people used what fuel they had leaving the east coast because of the traffic. Think I'd have headed toward TN, but I suppose that's easy for me to say

Had the same crap here in Rita of everyone evacuating east and the storm kept turning east.
We had a pile killed in traffic in that debacle.
The real question is what are the public officials to do? Wait too late the people can't get out, storm changes coarse and here we go again.
The biggest problem I see over the last 50 years our coastal populations have vastly outgrown our infrastructure.

Caustic Burno":1aou17g6 said:
M.Magis":1aou17g6 said:

Had the same crap here in Rita of everyone evacuating east and the storm kept turning east.
We had a pile killed in traffic in that debacle.
The real question is what are the public officials to do? Wait too late the people can't get out, storm changes coarse and here we go again.
The biggest problem I see over the last 50 years our coastal populations have vastly outgrown our infrastructure.

Yes, absolutely. The only way out of SW Florida is 75, and there are millions of people. I know they turn all lanes into northbound, but there are just too many people.

Latest posts