From bad...Too worse

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
January is starting out rough for me tonight one of the guys who I have been friends with and his family got me involved with cattle and my base herd going was murdered tonight. I have been with the family and in shock I tell you its shook me up and made me feel sick to my stomach since I heard. The man murdered was the kind of guy if he had a dollar in his pocket and you wanted.99 cent he would have gave it to you no problem. There is many other things I could tell you about his good deeds but I guess what got me is I was going by his house sunday and said I haven't seen him in a while id like to holler at him. I decided not too because he is handicapped and its a lot of trouble for him to get up and answer the door. I am now wishing that I took the time and did so.

http://wtvr.com/2016/01/11/police-inves ... ie-county/

DINWIDDIE COUNTY, Va. — Investigators have arrested and charged John Darryl Ridley, 40, of Stony Creek with second degree murder after a body was found inside a home in the 24000 block of Ridley Road in Dinwiddie County Monday afternoon.

Investigators said John Ridley came to the emergency room at Southside Regional Medical Center suffering from stab wounds. Investigators used the information received at the emergency room and discovered the body of 59-year-old Dwight Carrington Ridley at the home on Ridley Road.

Family members tell CBS 6 Dwight Ridley and John Ridley are related.

John Darryl Ridley
John Darryl Ridley

Dwight Ridley's body has been transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond to determine the cause of death.

John Ridley is being held without bond at Meherrin River Regional Jail. He will be arraigned in Dinwiddie Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court on January 12, 2016.

My condolences. Years ago after losing someone that had been very important to me after I hadn;t seen her for a year or so, I resolved to make a point of frequently seeing those people that were important to me, or at least calling if they were to far away.
I'm happy to say that I've kept that resolve. Every month, 2 at the most I make contact. In one case I called a friend of mine in california and found out he was in the hospital. They had just admitted him that day. He had never said anything about it, but he had cancer and died a couple of days later.

Wow, is there a black cloud above your head or what?

My condolences to you, and his family.. Never been there myself, I can only imagine what it's like.

Sky, sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Praying for you and all the families involved

sky --------- I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, and in such a tragic way. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

Its so hard to lose someone so suddenly. Just over a year ago I lost my best friend suddenly & unexpectedly, she and I had been best friends sice we were 2 yrs old. There's a huge hole in my life where she used to be.

greybeard":7fq6ejye said:
That's a bad deal right there Sky. Hard to lose a friend for any reason--murder is probably the worst one tho.

And by a family member. Senseless to me. I know murder is murder in Gods eyes. But when you mess with old folks or children.... I just believe there's a special place in he!! for those people.

And by a family member. Senseless to me. I know murder is murder in Gods eyes. But when you mess with old folks or children.... I just believe there's a special place in he!! for those people.[/quote]

Your not implying that 59 is old are you? Thanks buddy.

True Grit Farms":2chw004r said:
And by a family member. Senseless to me. I know murder is murder in Gods eyes. But when you mess with old folks or children.... I just believe there's a special place in he!! for those people.

Your not implying that 59 is old are you? Thanks buddy.[/quote]

Haha. Not entirely. It's older than 39 or 49 though. I guess I kinda was referring to his being handicapped. But, I will stand by my conviction. 59 is kinda old to me. But not as old as 89. Right now I hope I make it to 59! :lol2:

Latest posts